2- Like a cat on hot bricks

CW: Mentions of experimentations, control?, and bullying.

When Kurogiri has been informed that Shigaraki Tomura did indeed gain an ally, a comrade, he was, for the lack of a better word, shocked beyond well... words.

It wasn't that he didn't believe in the man child, it's just that he figured it would be challenging for Tomura to get an ally in the first place. He thought it would take more time.

Anyone who has a brain can see that he was never someone who has a way with words. He was someone who uses violent methods to get what he wants.

They weren't in a hurry though (he should be considered lucky, otherwise this would've been a problem), so Tomura could take as much time as he sees fit.

Allies should be chosen carefully, as master and Tomura doesn't take betrayal lightly. They never did, and Kurogiri has seen what they did to traitors or anyone who has dared to cross them. But it never hurts to do something ahead of time.

Master may be patient, extremely so, but there is only so much he could take before he gets angry with the lack of results. He's sure Tomura knows that too.

Much to his surprise, the man child had found one earlier than he had expected. It was, of course, great news, but a shock nonetheless. He'll say that he's proud of him, but would never dare to say it out loud. Unless he wants to get disintegrated by Shigaraki Tomura.

Now that is something he doesn't want to experience ever again.

As his caretaker for years, Kurogiri has learned many things about him. There are more unpleasant things about him than the pleasant. He is a man with (mostly) bad qualities.

One of them is his inability (or absolute refusal) to communicate with others.

It took months for him to finally get Tomura to accept him as an ally, not as a mere tool he could simply use. He has seen the way the man child interact with other people and from what he can see now, the man has made almost little to no progress. It was impressive how little progress Tomura has made.

If anything, he could applaud him for trying at least.

Kurogiri finds it hard to imagine Tomura accepting someone less than two days or less, but even the unbelievable and the impossible could happen.

And it did.

"Should I inform master of this?" He asks Tomura after finding out they had gained an ally. This may look to be a small thing, something that doesn't seem to be a big issue, but this is someone Tomura decides to have by his side without master's influence.

This was Tomura's decision. No one else's.

Kurogiri isn't blindly loyal to master. There were times where he does not approve of master's doings, but was utterly useless to do anything to stop it. Asking questions would raise suspicion, and he doesn't want that happening anytime soon.

While he doesn't like his current situation of obeying orders, he's glad that at least he has some form of consciousness.

He has seen mindless nomus, after all.

Having to take care of the man child is much more bearable than being in the same room as master. The air is too tense and unsafe and dangerous. The difference between Tomura and master is the power they have, and that difference is important to take note of.

He thinks he's lucky.

If Tomura proves to not be the same.

Tomura is starting to become more independent. This would greatly help him in the long run, not just as a villain, but also as a person. Who knows how long master can stay at his side.