Chapter 4

Bellamy is the first to wake before everyone else. He walks to the entrance of the cave as the sun begins to rise over the horizon. It's been 6 long years since he seen the Sun like this. In Space they were still able to get a visual of the Sun, but nothing compared to watching it rise on the ground. At all it wouldn't be long before him and Clarke both had to leave and go back to the village. He didn't know the full extent for injuries and he also knew that she would never let him close enough to see, nor help.

Clarke is hard to read, and more stubborn than even Octavia. But there was one thing Bellamy was sure of, He won't let her be harmed again. What McCreary and the others did was unacceptable, no matter how much they believe she betrayed them. It was cruel and wrong. And it was also clear how twisted McCreary truly was. Bellamy knew Clarke wouldn't let him help her directly, But he was going to be sure to help her in any way he could- including keeping the psycho criminal away from her.

They may not know each other well but there was one thing Bellamy knew for sure- Clarke Griffin was not a monster.

"You ready?"

One glance over his shoulder confirms his suspicion of who was behind him. Just a quick glance and a small sight of golden blonde hair was all he needed to see. He expects her to leave when he nods and turns away, but she surprises him by not only coming closer, but sitting next to him. Her arms rest atop her knee as she glances over her shoulder towards the entrance of the cave, a look he couldn't decipher lingering in her eye.

"The girl...." She starts to say, gulping over a lump forming in the back of her throat. "She shouldn't be alone right now."

"She won't be. The others will be with her." He notices a faint movement put of the corner of his eye, a small nod to acknowledge his words.

"Are you packed? It's gonna be a long day Charming." Bellamy can't help the huff that forces it's way from him, or the small smirk that tugs at his lips.

"Ready when you are Princess." He should have seen it coming, truly he should have, but he couldn't help the tease. Even if it resulted in an ultimate bruise forming on his arm.

But the small smirk pulling at her lips made it worth it.

The pair leave the cave soon after while the others rest soundly. Bellamy knew they had everything they needed for the next few days. There was no telling just how long they would be gone, but Bellamy knew to pack and expect the unexpected. The trip to Poils should only take an hour or so, and with Eligius's equipment maybe a few hours at most to get the hole dug or the debris blasted away. But there was the factor of rescuing everyone in the bunker and transporting them all to the valley safely. As long as not going went wrong that is.

When they arrive to the village those that were traveling to Polis were on board already while a few others were finishing packing the rest of their supplies. Inside Shaw and Diyoza we're on one side, discussing while McCreary and his own people seemed to gravitate to the other. It was a no brainer on which side elf the ship Clarke gravitated to herself, Belly filling close behind. They find their own seats and wait for departure. Before the doors prepare to close Shaw leaves and returns with a small bag, one he hands to Clarke with a small smirk before he walks away to the pilot seat.

Curious Bellamy looks to his right as a Clarke takes out the contents, a smile blooming on her lips as she takes out a pair of headphones with a music player and a sketch pad. One Bellamy knows she had back on the ship in space. Without wasting a second Clarke places the headphone on her head and turns to an empty page, the pencil in her left hand gliding effortlessly on the page as an image begins to take fold.

Clarke doesn't get to sketch for long before the headphones are snatched from her head and thrown into her lap,  ruining the course of the line that her hand had just drawn. Irritated the blonde looks up to find McCreary covering over her with a sneer. Nothing is said between them but Bellamy could sense the tension in the air. Without missing a beat Bellamy stands and inserts himself between him and Clarke.