Six

Running through the fields, Rick held a dying Sydney. Blood getting on his clothes as he held her close. Carl crying because the redhead was injured trying to help him pet the deer. "How far? How far?!" Rick yelled.

"About a mile away. Talk to Hershel. He'll help your friend."

Rick grunted as he adjusted Sydney. He started running hoping that Sydney was alive or he will be a dead man.
~~~
Tommy sat in the tree house looking around for a sign of Sophia. He sighed as he pulled out a snack and started eating. "Where are you, Sophia?"

Hours after Rick started giving blood to Sydney, Carl told them to get Daryl. That's what Maggie did. When they heard a scream.

Lee stopped when he saw a woman on a horse. "Daryl Dixon?"

"What?"

"Your girlfriend, Sydney, has been shot."

"Tell me where the hell this farm is and I'll be there."

Lee watched Daryl walk away. First Tommy and now Sydney. Daryl was pissed. His son is out there missing...son? Tommy did call him a dad meaning that boy is his son even if he wasn't his by blood.

Lee stopped Daryl causing him to look. "Let me go."

"Daryl, you are pissed."

"The hell I am. Sydney gets shot because she is doing something most mothers won't do. Searching for her child and someone else's child. She took a bullet searching!" He said. "I'm going to that damn farm and be there for her."

The rest of the group watched as he left. Lee looked at the others with one question. "What the hell do you think happened for her to get shot?"

"We'll find out." Lori tells him. "Let's hope she's okay."
~~~
Daryl arrived at the farm. Carl watched as his dad walked out of the room just for Daryl to shove Rick. He could tell that Daryl was pissed. Carl looked at the door as Daryl walked in and over to Sydney. "I'm here." He tells her. "What happened?"

"She was guiding me to pet a deer, but a gun went off. The bullet went through the deer and into her." Carl said. "I'm sorry."

Daryl kissed Sydney's head. "Has she woken up any?"

"No and Hershel sent Otis and Shane to get things from the school to get her ready for surgery." Rick tells him.

Daryl held Rick against the wall. "If she dies, you'll be next."

Rick nodded as he looked at Sydney. Daryl held the redheads hand hoping that she pulls through. She has a son that needs to be safely returned to her. His girlfriend laid in the bed not moving, but her chest. For once in his life, he was praying that Sydney makes it.