Fifteen

Happy birthday to those on July 3rd and 4th
Since the farm went down in flames, the group has been searching for a place to stay. Especially for Lori and Sydney. They didn't have that long till they have their babies, but everywhere they went, there was always walkers there. They found this one house that they thought was safe causing Sydney to snuggle closer to Daryl who held her and Tommy in his arms trying to keep his family warm, but hearing Lee whistle out, they looked to see walkers.

"Daryl, I don't think..."

"I will find a safe place for you and our baby." He tells her.

She nodded as she looked at the bird in his hand. "That's not enough."

"I know, but we need to go now, baby." He tells her. "Let's go."

She stood up causing Daryl to catch her as she was hungry, pregnant, and tired. Tommy looked at them worried and saw the fear in his dad's eyes. They really needed to find a place and food. Soon.
~~~
Coming to a stop, the redhead was sound asleep in the car that they've stolen. Tommy got out and looked at his mom as Daryl was staring listening to Hershel. "I'm going hunting. She needs to eat." He says as he went to leave. "Come on, Tommy, you're helping."

Tommy nodded as did Lee and Rick. Daryl walked over to Sydney and kissed her head. "I'll be back, baby. I love you." He says as he looked at Carol. "Keep an eye on her.'

Carol nodded as she looked in the car to see Sydney still out cold. She looked at them and sighed. "We need to hurry and find a place for Sydney and Lori. Their about to give birth and...I don't know really how long Sydney has till she does give birth."

They looked at the sleeping redhead. They knew that they needed to hurry and find them a safe place. They heard Rick and the others come back. "We found a prison. I say we go down there to see if it's safe." Lee tells them. "We have two pregnant women. We need to find a place fast."

"I don't care what you say, I'm going down there." Daryl says getting on his bike. "Let's go."

The group got in the car and followed Daryl's lead.
~~~
The redhead looked at the prison as he hands stayed on her bump. Daryl looked at her as he knew they needed to get in. "This is for you, baby."

"I know." She tells him. "Brings back memories when I would visit my father." She looked at him and smiled. "Thank you for finding us a safe place to have this baby, but first, get rid of those walkers."

Daryl kissed her as Tommy hugged his mom before following his father. Sydney watched them go in as Lori closed the gate. "Hey!" She called out to the walkers. "Over here you ugly bastards!"

The redhead started shooting as they made their way in. She saw Daryl and smiled as she knew that once they go around the wall, she won't see him, Lee, or Tommy. Once they cleared the others made their way through, Sydney focused on the ones they were getting their attention. She couldn't wait to be in Daryl's arms tonight.
~~~
Later that night, Daryl held Sydney as Lee said he'll be on watch as Sydney could go into labor anytime and Daryl needs to be right there with her. "Are you comfortable?"

"I will be." She tells him. "So the plan is for you guys to kill the ones inside then search for survivors. Right?"

"Yep, but I want you to be resting as I know you are close. Tommy will be by your side." He says. "You hear me, son."

"Yes, dad. I wasn't planning on leaving mom. She could go into labor anytime and they needed to get into the prison in the morning."

Daryl nodded as he was getting her in that prison.