Twenty three

"Rick's leaving to go to his home town to get guns from the police station he worked at." He says.    

"Daryl, is this about the Governor?" She asked as he nodded. "What is this about?"

"A meeting. I believe he may tell lies." He tells her as he walked with his family. "Sydney, I know you are worried, but I'm doing this for my family." He kissed her head. "I'm going to be there to make sure no one doesn't do anything."

"Daryl, I don't like this at all." The redhead says looking at him. "I don't want to lose you. We have so much planned and knowing you have to be there to save Rick it...it's ridiculous." Sydney sighed. "Lee will be going too and yet, no one doesn't think about us here. Rick won't even let Merle have a weapon because of who he was with. Even I know that he would betray his family like that."

"You sound like you know Merle better than I do."

Sydney looked at him with a smile causing him to kiss her then Dixie. "Mom! Dad!"

They looked to see Tommy running up to them. "Can I go with Rick? I'll listen to Michonne." He tells them. "I just want to get some things for Dixie."

"Okay, but listen to her or you're in so much trouble." Sydney tells him.

Nodding, Tommy hugged his parents and ran away. When he walked away, Daryl looked at him. 'Tommy!" He looked at him. "If you don't listen, you won't have to worry about your mother."

"Don't worry, I'm not like Carl." He says. "I will do what I'm told. Always have."

Daryl nodded as Tommy ran off. Sydney shook her head with a sigh as he kissed her. "Don't worry about him. Tommy knows to listen. You raised him good." He says. "Don't worry about him."

"Okay." She says. "Let's continue this before Rick comes back."

Merle saw them and knew that they were spending as much time together before the meeting. He already knew what was going to happen. A war. Something he fight and die just to protect his family.