❈ Chapter Twenty: Happier

"You didn't have to come over and accompany me last night, Sungie." Jeno lightly chuckles and tugs on his backpack straps over his shoulders.

The tall boy beside him rolls his eyes in return, "and have you cry yourself to sleep because of what Jaemin hyung did? No way."

"Besides," he takes a long step by stretching his leg out there more to be slightly ahead of Jeno now. "Who misses out a movie night with you?"

"Jaemin..." Jeno mutters a little hesitantly.

But of course, Jisung heard him despite the loud honks and engines of vehicles passing by them. "Right, sucks for him. He missed out."

"I'm sure he's happier with Xiaojun hyung on their late night walk..." Jeno mumbles aloud, looking down on his feet and kicking the tiny pebbles he sees.

Jisung clicks his tongue and shakes his head in disapproval, "trust me, once he realizes things. It clicks to him that he has a special person right with him since long ago."

"And he missed out on a lot of opportunities, so he will probably have to make it up to you." He adds with a little wink in a teasing manner.

He hopes he can brighten up Jeno's mood, but at the same time knock some senses into him that he's not in the blame for his current situation with Jaemin.

Because honestly, Jisung's so close to landing a punch on Jaemin's charming face and tell him to go get his boy of his dreams.

A sigh escapes Jeno's parted lips, shrugging his shoulders in response. "I don't know..." He trails off, a little doubtful now.

Last night, he was still acting and thinking too naive and optimistic. Believing every affectionate word Jaemin spat out whilst he's with someone else.

Because he doesn't care, Jeno's his best friend. He thinks Jeno will not mind and brush it all off.

But in reality, he doesn't know Jeno does mind because he has feelings for him, and of course, from what he heard last night; it made his mood go down.

Hence now, Jeno feels low of energy and he's not his usual optimistic self, doubting Jaemin's intentions for the first time since they've met.

Jisung even had some trouble persuading the elder boy to go to school and not miss anything possibly important.

Although, he didn't mention Jeno's sudden change of mood is caused by none other than Jaemin.

They both silently agreed to not really talk about it too much, preferred to think and say Jeno's mood change was from nothing but sleep deprived itself due to last night's movie night.

Sighing quietly, Jisung drapes an arm around Jeno's shoulders and guides their way to school.

Like how Jaemin would usually do.

But Jaemin is not here today.

Jeno doesn't know if he got ditched again or Jaemin is simply but would be surprisingly late to pick him up at his house.