𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧-𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬

I took Lilah straight home, making sure Cindy wasn't there. I set her up on the bed with blankets and a pillow, stitching a deep cut on her forehead and putting ice on her bruises. Once she was done, I waited for Cindy.

"Hey Kendrix, I'm ba-" I cut her off before she could finish.

"I found Lilah," I hissed, "in a random street," I showed her Lilah, her face fixed with confusion.

"Do we tell her to the police?" she asked, turning to me.

"Too risky that she'll run away again," I said, "Besides, maybe we can get answers out of her before we do,"

"Ok, if you're sure," she shrugged, "Come on, I'll get us some food,"

I've noticed how Cindy's parents are barely ever home. They are almost always staying in separate hotels or are on holiday business trips. It made me feel so sad for her, knowing how it feels without their parents.

Cindy got us some drinks and chips, taking me to sit with her on the fire escape.

"Can I ask you something?" Cindy asked, munching on chips.

"Of course, "I nodded.

"What was it like when your parents died?" she questioned. I took a moment to respond, the past feelings of anger rising in me.

"It didn't register at first," I began, "but then I felt sad, just not for my parents. I was sad that Mae was all on her own to look  after me,"

"Why weren't you sad for them?" she said, stopping and looking at me.

"Because they weren't the best parents. They pressured Mae to her limits in being the best, and always neglected me and didn't support me coming out," I shrugged, "Not much to be sad about,"

Cindy didn't say anything, but I could see her mind ticking.

"Cindy, look, I'm sorry about that kiss at the party," she winced, "I was drunk, and-"

"Don't worry about it," I smiled faintly.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Cindy Moon," I looked into her eyes, "I have loved you since the day you moved schools. From your smile, to how kind you are. Nothing you could ever do would change how I feel about you," Cindy was shocked, and so was I. Fuck, what had I gotten myself into? I looked away, out to the city. But I felt Cindy's hand turn my head back to her, kissing me on the lips. My eyes widened.

"What-" I stammered.

"I love you too," Cindy smiled, blushing. We were quiet for a bit, just listening to New York.

"So, you've liked me for that long? she laughed, play-shoving me.

"Shut up," I smirked.

"Cindy? Kendrix?"

Lilah was standing behind us, bags under her eyes and her back hunched over slightly.

"Oh!" I gasped, standing up, "You're awake!" Cindy came too, setting her down at the table.

"What happened?" she asked, "My head hurts and I have no idea how I got here,"

"Look, we heard from the hospital that you disappeared one day and we found you not long ago," I shrugged.

"D-did you call the police?" she asked, fear in her eyes.

"no, don't worry," Cindy gave her a small smile, "We just thought you'd be more comfortable telling us about what happened, not the cops,"

'So you're going to tell them everything after?" she said in fear.

'No, god no," I shook my head, 'We don't want you going there because of what they'll do,"

"Oh, okay, good," Lilah nodded slowly.

"So... do you feel like talking?" I asked, taking a seat down next to her.

"I guess," she shrugged, "Look, all I know is that when I blackout, bad things happen. It's like I'm someone else,"

"Do you know how this started happening and when?" Cindy asked.

"I-I think so," she nodded, "I was walking down the street when a man asked if I wanted to change my life, and even though at first I thought it was drugs, he convinced me to go with him, taking me to Evans Corp and I let him test on me with all these different serums and potions," she gulped, tears welling in her eyes, "I got so sick, I couldn't move for days. But then, suddenly i was perfectly fine, only blacking out once a day and waking up hours later,"

"I think I know what happened when you blacked out," I reassured, placing a hand on her shoulder, "When I was at Evans Corp visiting my uncle, I saw him talking to you, but your hair was pin straight and your eyes...  they were completely white,"

"What?" Cindy frowned, "I thought you don't go near your uncle?"

"I don't, usually," I shrugged, "I've just been needing to go there for a... science project,"

"Oh, okay..." Cindy frowned, still clearly not convinced.

"What am I supposed to do?" Lilah whispered, "I can't control when I blackout,"

'We'll keep watch on you twenty-four seven," I promised, "And if anything happens, we'll hit you with this," I reached into my pocket and pulled out a bag of four pills I had from Mae's things. I knew they were in there for ages. Even someone as perfect as Mae had problems.

'What are they?" Cindy asked.

"benzodiazepines," I said, "Drugs  that knock you out in around ten minutes,"

"Where are they from?" Lilah asked.

"Mae's room," I whispered, "But that doesn't matter," I nodded firmly, putting them back in my pocket. I felt Cindy place a hand on my shoulder.

"Everything will be ok," Cindy smiled, "Come on, why don't you lie down again,"

Once Lilah was set in her bed reading, we instructed her to let us know if she feels like fainting and then went back out to sit at the table.

"Hey, Kendrix, how are you holding up?" Cindy asked when I sat.

"What do you mean?" I asked, yawning.

"You know, with Mae and all," she said, "The funerals in a few days,"

Oh. I forgot about that.

"I'm fine," I gave her a smile.

"Are you sure?" she frowned, "You haven't spoken to anyone about it since it happened. And you saw it happen,"

"I'm fine," I assured, "Besides, there are detectives looking into her case," I couldn't tell her Lilah was the reason. I had to reassure myself that it was Navy Storm who did it, Not Lilah.

"I know you're not fine," she said, "Because every time you see that photo of you, Mae, me and my family in the hallway, you stop and look at it for ages. Plus, whenever anyone talks about her you change the subject immediately,"

"So? I don't want to hear about my sister from other people," I rolled my eyes.

"Kendrix Grace. You are hurting so much on the inside and you're not talking about it," Cindy said firmly, "I know that I can't know what you're feeling, but keeping this anger, this sadness, this pain inside isn't helping," I couldn't look at her. I thought I had done a good job at keeping my feelings intact. I knew from when my parents died that I couldn't let my anger out on people because when you have powers that never goes good.

"I just-,"  I sucked in a shuddering breath, "I have been trying so hard to act like it's fine. Maybe to convince me it's ok, or maybe because I want it to be. But I'm not, and I don't know how much longer I can do this," I felt tears well in my eyes from telling her that, and I turned my head, looking away. But Cindy took her hand and turned my head back to her.

"You can talk to me, Kendri," she smiled, "It's what I'm here for,"

I let the tears streak down my face as Cindy lent over and cradled me in her arms. I sobbed and sobbed until I couldn't. And Cindy stayed with me, holding me close.

NEW COVER GUYS WOOO

Also < cindrix 3
I love them smmm
Fleur is a Fortnite gamer
BYE BYE