𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

I stared down at the empty piece of paper on my desk. It was the next day, and I needed to write this speech. I had no idea what to say. Why was it so hard? Gunner was my best friend and the closest person to me, and I didn't even know what to say at his funeral?

"Any luck?" Cindy asked, setting a cup of tea on my desk. I took it gratefully, shaking my head.

"Nope," I sighed, " Why is this so hard?"

"Maybe it's you," she shrugged, "Maybe you haven't accepted his death?"

"Of course, I've accepted it," I hissed, "it's not like he's at home chilling and just a phone call away to talk to!"

Cindy looked down at me in pity.

"Take your time, Kendri," she said, "just know I love you," she kissed my cheek, making them burn red. She left the room and I was stuck writing again. I tapped the pen against the desk, lost.

"poor little Kendrix. Lost for words?"

I gasped and turned around, Lilah waiting on my bed. She crossed her arms, her signature annoying smirk spread across her face.

"W-what are you doing-" I gulped, standing up and stumbling toward the door.

"I am going to kill you, Kendrix, you hear me?" she hissed, standing up and walking forward. I gasped and fell back, covering my head with my hands.

"Kendrix, what are you doing?" Cindy asked, walking up behind me. She knelt and helped me up, no Lilah in sight.

"I... I think I need to lie down," I sighed, taking a breath and going back to my room. Was I hallucinating? And why again? I had already seen Lilah back at Cindy's old apartment, so why again?

I laid my head on my pillow, shutting my eyes. My head no longer throbbed as I slowly drifted away.

"Why are you here!" I cried out, staring into the eyes of Lilah Acker.

"Because you put me here," she hissed, "This is your fantasy, it's your choice what you do with it. Although I am flattered you dream of me," she let out a wicked laugh, disappearing into the shadows. Suddenly, a huge dust storm came through, disrupting me from being able to see. I pushed through the wind, making it to the middle of the storm. The sand and my hair whipped at my face, leaving little cuts and raw skin behind.

"Go away!" I screamed, "Leave me alone!"

"No," Lilah said, "I am going to ruin your life. I killed your family, and I kill your friends too. And then maybe I'll move on to all of New York? Who knows how far I'll go,"

"Stop it!" I sobbed, "Stop!"

I watched as Gunner appeared, being picked up by Lilah and slammed onto the ground, bleeding and dead. I screamed in horror, tears streaming down my face as-

I jumped up, awake. Nightmares. It was dark outside, most likely early evening, and Cindy was cooking dinner. I looked over at my table where the piece of paper still sat, and I knew that if I wanted to accept his death, I needed to write it and go to his funeral. I would be better after that, I'm sure.

I sat down at my desk and help the pen in my hand, beginning to write. I wrote all about what we did together while he was alive, and my favourite things about him. I ended up writing a lot, and when I was done I was satisfied. His Funeral was in two days. I had time to edit.

"Did you ever start the letter?" Cindy asked as she served up dinner. It was our first night together and she made pasta, a food she knew was my favourite.

"Yeah, I'm almost done," I nodded.

"Oh, right," she nodded, "Well, I was thinking we could go to school tomorrow to get our minds off this whole thing?"

"Sure, I'm down," I nodded, not looking up. I had to focus on my grades, however, I had been in hospital so much and my entire family dying this year so the school gave me a six-month extension.

"Ok, then we can go to gunner's funeral the next day," she said, and I didn't answer. I didn't feel like talking at all.

"Welcome back, Miss Grace," the principal greeted. I still held a grudge at her for the assembly problem, but I didn't show it.

"Thanks," I smiled tightly, walking past. I noticed the stares straight away. People turned when they saw me, and then the whispered started. Why was every school like this?

"Hey, just ignore them," Cindy whispered, slinking her arm with mine.

"Right, 'cause that's so easy," I sniffed, walking with her.

I opened my locker to put my bag away, a bouquet falling out immediately. My cheeks burned with embarrassment. God, people pretending to care made me so mad. I didn't even know who this Rachel girl who signed them was.

"Ooo pretty," Cindy gasped at the flowers.

"Here, they're for you," I lied, handing them other and ripping the tag off. Her eyes lit up, sniffing them and putting them in her locker. I hated this day already.

I had to do a test today, one of many to come. I had seven exams, and I had done two already. Although my mind was full, I was sure I got most of it right, thanks to Cindy who helped me study while I was gone. I kept forgetting school existed, no offence to the teachers, but it was so boring that I got caught up in swinging around New York.

"How did you do?" Cindy asked, interrupting my thought process.

"Eh, I think ok," I nodded, "All thanks to you,"

"I mean, you are the one who wanted to study, so don't let me take all the credit," she laughed, scrolling on her phone. Cindy seemed to attache to me lately, like she didn't want me out of her sight. I get her worrying, but I was fine. I felt fine, and I am fine. All I needed was Cindy.

Kinda short chapter, I know, but I was bored and basically wanted to introduce her hallucinations

But yeah this book is ALMOST DONE YAYAY

then I can move on to the next one :D