𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

The entire time I was waiting for the dreaded dance to arrive, I was planning on how to save Gunner. I couldn't tell Cindy, she would freak, so I kept it to myself, my mind working away at possibilities. He could be anywhere, from the roof of the school to the boiler room below. And amongst this, a school full of dressed-up students. Including me, who still had to ask Cindy to the dance.

I decided to do it at Central Park after school, taking her on a picnic date. She loved those.

"You know, with the stress of everything I thought you wouldn't take me out," Cindy smiled, her pale cheeks lifting with red.

"How could I forget about you?" I laughed, setting down the basket full of food. We sat under a big oak tree, shielding us from the clouded skies and thought of rain. 

"Wow, you put a lot of effort into these," Cindy gasped as I pulled out each baked good. I loved to cook, and before my mum died she cooked with me, teaching me all about what the best receives were and their methods. But now I just teach myself, and it calms me. 

"I love baking, it's no big deal," I said, taking a bite from a croissant, "So, I have a question for you," 

"Shoot," Cindy nodded for me to go on, and I swallowed the food in my throat.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to the dance with me?" I said, "I know I'm late, but I think we can still make it work,"

"God, I was hoping you'd say something," Cindy giggled, "I was thinking I'd have to ask,"

I shook my head, taking another bite, "Sorry, I've just had a busy week,"

"I understand, Kendri," Cindy reassured, "You don't have to explain,"

Never had I met anyone like Cindy? She was so loyal and understanding, I could never hurt her. 

"Well, what are you going to wear?" I asked, "I haven't picked out a dress yet,"

"What? But the dance is tonight?" Cindy frowned, pulling me up, "We need to go dress shopping,"

"Now?" I blinked, standing up.

"Well, it's starting to rain anyway and we can eat this back at the apartments, alright?" the girl promised, packing up and pulling me to the mall.

"So, any ideas?" Cindy asked, "My dress is black, so you can either go for a black or dark colour, or you can do red to go with it,"

"Navy," I smirked, earning an eye roll from Cindy, "You know, cause the suit..."

"I'm aware, Kendri," Cindy laughed. I smiled at the little nickname she always called me, taking off the x, "But besides your little pun, I think navy will work pretty well,"

Cindy then turned into a dress shop, which looked like my worst nightmare. There was so much pink.

"Uh... is there anything besides pink?" I frowned, giving Cindy a giggle.

"No, it's just a pink season in fashion currently, so that's their main 'attractions'," she explained.

"Right," I nodded, heading towards the darker colours.

"Pick out four dresses you like and decide between them," Cindy instructed, "That's how I always do it."

The first one had a lace goddess and a slightly poofy bottom than went to my ankles. The second was a navy silk slip dress than went to my knees, and according to Cindy 'suited me really well. The next dress was a navy blue spaghetti strap dress made from silk with a thigh split that went down my leg and to the floor. I didn't need another dress; this was the one, I could feel it. Cindy could too, apparently, as she gasped at the sight of it.

"Yes, that's going to go so well with mine," she nodded, showing me a picture of hers. It was a short silk dress that went just above her knees, with no straps and a line of sparkly silver lining on the top and bottom of the dress. I loved it because it wasn't too much; it was just right and it was Cindy.

"Well, I have shoes to wear at home and jewellery and makeup are sorted, so I guess now we wait for tonight?" I asked, taking the bag from the cashier.

"Yup, but seeing as it's in three hours, we may as well start getting ready," Cindy said, once again pulling me along.

In two hours, we were ready; glammed up and everything. My stomach was turning at the thought of Gunner, but I had to stay happy for Cindy. I had put on the dress and black heels, a necklace and curled my hair. Cindy did my makeup, foundation and some dark eye shadow with eyeliner. Cindy did her own, pairing her black dress with matching black heels and straightening her silky black hair. She didn't have any eyeshadow, but she did have eyeliner and mascara.

"Do we have a ride?" I asked, "Or do you want to walk?"

"Walk, it makes people stop and stare," she beamed, grabbing her purse and taking me downstairs to the lobby of the apartments. I had never seen Cindy so carefree and happy; it would've made me happy too if not for the circumstances.

Cindy was right; people did stop and stare. Some in awe, some in confusion and even some in annoyance, which was weird. But the school was only two blocks away, so we wouldn't be late or too early. The school was glammed up just as much as us, flashing lights erupting from the front doors, glitter and balloons spread out over the floor. And the people. God, everyone made it look magical with their fancy dresses and ties.

"Wow, this is magical," Cindy gasped, running over to the drinks bar. As much as I wanted to stay and dance, i needed to find Gunner before it was too late. Except, I had no idea where to find Lilah or Gunner. And then, there she was. Lilah, wearing a suit with a corset underneath, glittery eye shadow and her curly hair tied into a neat bun. She looked amazing, but I knew that wouldn't last long. I ran up to her, grabbing her shoulders and pulling her t the side.

"What the hell, Kendrix," she hissed, "What are you doing?"

"Lilah, you are possessed by an evil person with powers that are out of this world, and you want to know what I'm doing?" I frowned, "What are you doing here? Aren't you wanted or something?"

"No, I have no idea what you're talking about," she scoffed, walking away. Mouth left slightly ajar, I ran back to Cindy.

"Lilah's here," I whispered, nodding towards the girl. Cindy's eyes widened with fear.

"Isn't she wanted?" she gasped.

"My thoughts exactly, but she said she had no idea what I was talking about," I explained, "So something's wrong,"

I felt a buzz from my purse, causing me to drop the conversation and answer.

"Hello?" I answered.

"K-Kendrix?" came a familiar raspy voice.

"Gunner?" I gasped, "Where are you? What's going on?"

"I-I don't know," he coughed, "Lilah, she..."

Suddenly the line became muffled, and I could no longer hear Gunner but Navy Storm.

"Come find him, Spidergirl,"

THIS BOOK IS ALMOST DONE WOOHOO

this is unedited

BYEE 

Ava xx