𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

I stepped into my room that evening once we got back. I had thrown my spider suit into the trash, afraid of the memories wearing it caused. I hadn't told Cindy yet, as I didn't know how to. I just left it there, crumpled up. I had caused too much already.

I walked out to the kitchen where Cindy sat on the couch, wiping her tears. I sat next to her, cuddling in close.

"I think I'm not going to be Spider-girl anymore," I sniffed, shutting my eyes.

"Are you sure? I mean, it's been three years and-"

"I'm sure," I nodded, "everything gone wrong since I became Spider-Girl. My families dead. Gunners dead. And I hate to admit it, but Lilah was right. I do kill the innocent because I don't even know they're there,"

Cindy nodded, "if you're sure,"

And I was. I wasn't going to let being a superhero stop me from living. I needed to focus on the family I had left and my grades.

"Cindy, I'm not doing well," I sucked in a breath, "I've been having these hallucinations you know of too often, and I feel like I can't breathe. What is wrong with me?"

"Nothing is wrong with you," Cindy laughed, "you're having trauma. It's common when big things like this happen. I mean, Lilah ruined your life. Of course you're having hallucinations of her. And the panic attacks? Probably the same thing. Now that I think about it, it is better if you quit being Spider-Girl for a while,"

I looked down. Panic attacks? Trauma? I never thought the side affects of this would be so bad. I thought I could really help the city and still be me afterwards.

"Any ideas on a therapist?" I laughed, and Cindy smiled.

"of course,"

I snuggled into her side more, tears welling in my eyes. I couldn't loose Cindy.

"Please promise me that whether you keep or stop being Silk you'll stay safe?" I asked, a lump forming in my throat.

"I promise," she nodded, "I won't go chasing any crazy monster people,"

I laughed, a single tear falling and hitting Cindy's arm. She looked down at me, and I could feel the pity radiating off her.

"Don't be sad, hun," she whispered, "it's over know, I promise,"

"I know, I've just been thinking that if you die, I'll have no one left," I gulped, "and I need you, Cindy. You're my everything,"

"And i need you too," she said, "because if not, who will I talk to? Who will I tell all my troubles to? Who will I help when they need it?"

I smiled, my heart slowly warming. This is how it's meant to be. Happy. And I would never be Spider-Girl again.

Yeah yeah I know only 430 words so a rlly short chapter

BUT I had nothing to write so suck it up LMAO

Anyway this is the end of an era. I have officially finished My Head is a Jungle.

Or have I?