chapter 5

Emily made it so they could go to Atlantica in the older times of merpeople back when Queen Athena was still about. It wouldn't be too long then until the next and final sister would have been born, of COURSE, Ariel. Darla was surprised with the changes, her bow was replaced by a glossy pink seashell to match her heart-shaped shell bra with a glittering white and pink tail. She wasn't sure about this at first, but everyone assured her it would be alright. 

There was a young, yet still a bit old male on the beaches, he was very pale and had slick black hair, wearing a blue overcoat and sticking his feet into the water, unaware of this timeline going to be slightly altered.

'I hope nothing goes wrong.' Atticus thought.

There was a big glow coming into the beach and the family dropped into the water, though their heads were still above.

The elder male looked ahead as he had his feet soaking in the water, he could have sworn he saw something odd, but did see the family in the distance. "What's all that then...?"

"There's someone over there staring at us..." Jessica glanced at the figure not too far from them.

"Who is that?" Atticus asked.

Emily looked ahead. "I'm not sure..."

Darla tilted her head. "Should we go see?"

Patrick looked protective for his family. "If he tries anything, I'll stop him."

"Maybe we should go and look around." Atticus suggested.

The family decided to see the peculiar, unknown man.

"Are you folks in any kind of danger?" the man asked.

"N-No, we're fine..." Darla said nervously, she was a little nervous since she actually didn't know how to SWIM.

"Oh, that's good, I thought maybe you crashed a boat or something..." the man looked relieved then.

"No, we didn't, why?" Atticus asked the man.

"We're just new around here." Jessica said to the man.

'I hope that we ARRIVED at the right timeline.' Atticus thought.

"Well, I hope you enjoy your swim," the man smiled. 

"FORTE, GET BACK HERE!" a sharp male voice called out.

The man looked over. "I am coming!" he called, then looked to the family. "Excuse moi... Enjoy your swim..." He got up, then dried his legs and feet to get his shoes back on and get back to work.

'Forte??' Atticus thought CONFUSINGLY.

"Come on, everyone," Emily told her family. "Let's go down."

The Fudo family didn't even need to hold their breaths as they would be merpeople now and they were SWIMMING with the others. Atticus trailed a little behind since he was left with his thoughts as they went along.

'I didn't know that Forte was here in this timeline. And where did I hear Aunt Athena's song from?' Atticus thought.

Emily looked up to see THE SHINING palace of her sister and brother-in-law's home. "Wow... It's even more beautiful than I remember..."

Patrick smiled and held his wife.

Darla looked around. "This feels like a dream!"

"Only it isn't." Jessica smiled down to her.

There were young mermaids coming out from the palace, seeming to be in a rush over something. Triton came out with his wife, he looked much younger and had brown hair as opposed to the white everyone would see him in, but other than that, he still looked like his old self.