chapter 6

Darla, Jessica, and Atticus followed and looked around as they went.

"Mom was always interested in humans, I think Aunt Emily is too... Would you guys happen to know anything about that?" Attina looked back at her cousins and incoming sisters.

"Yeah me, Jessica, and Darla do know somethings about humans and their things." Atticus said, while following her.

"That's pretty cool, must be hard for them to get around on those... Things... What are they called?" Attina thought.

"Feet?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah, those, how can they swim with those things?" Attina asked, making her cousins laugh a little. She then smiled as she came up to a history book and carried it to show them. "Come here, guys..." She cracked THE BOOK open to show them her favorite history book on sea culture. "It was around this time that Evil Manta came into our world..."

"Evil Manta?" Darla asked. 

"Oh, yes..." Attina NODDED with warning. "He's a very dastardly manta ray who hates anyone who gets in his way..."

"I bet he doesn't look that tough." Atticus said, sounding tough.

"He can summon lightning and bring storms to the seas," Attina said to Atticus. "It's because of him the land people suffer from hurricanes. They usually blame it on Daddy..."

"They always do..." Arista sighed as her tail was swinging back and forth forth as she lay beside them.

"Who's that?" Darla pointed to the next page.

Attina looked. "Those are Ursula and Morgana... Morgana isn't as bad as Ursula, but she's a sea witch... She lives far away and we are always told to stay away from her. She can give you anything you would ever want, but there's always a price to pay. I hope she gets defeated soon."

"I also hope our new brother or sister learns to stay away from her." Adella added.

"Well, if I ever face the Evil Manta, I'd teach him a thing or two. I mean, come on, how scary could he really look?" Atticus asked.

Attina showed him a PICTURE OF THE humanoid, villainous manta ray with glowing red eyes a dark black cape, and looked like an underwater version of the devil.

"Gee!" Darla flinched. "Looks worse than Max when I first found him!" 

"I wonder whatever happened to that Max guy..." Jessica muttered to herself, she knew it wasn't on topic, but she couldn't help but think of it once Darla BROUGHT up her former butler.

"He used to give me nightmares..." Adrianna murmured about Evil Manta.

"He does look scary, but sometimes, you have to face fear and to me, this guy just looks like an underwater version of a beefcake, basically someone who is all brawn and no brain." Atticus said.

"We wouldn't know... We just have to be very careful..." Adella advised.

Attina smiled, then turned THE PAGE. "And here's Grandpa Neptune!"

Darla was confused. "I thought Neptune was a planet...?"

Attina giggled, not mocking the girl, but found that funny. "It is, Darla, but Neptune was also what they called Grandpa... Before Daddy took over, Grandpa was in charge of the sea with his queen."

"I never understood of why they named a planet after him." Atticus said.

"Well, Grandpa was like Daddy," Attina shrugged with a smile. "Strong... Powerful... They probably thought a planet was worth having the name like Mars after THE ROMAN warrior."