chapter 10

"Where are the kids?" Patrick mumbled.

"I sense trouble..." Triton grabbed his trident, anxious to go see what was holding up the kids.

"I hope they aren't hurt..." Athena put her hands to her mouth.

"Please, please, let Atticus go, please." Jessica begged once more.

"I don't think so, little misses..." Manta just laughed as he kept Atticus as a hostage. "He must pay for his foolishness!"

"Evil Manta!" Triton came over with a glare. "Refuse that merboy this instant!"

"No, I don't think I will..." Manta taunted with a sick, evil grin.

Jessica began to try to help Atticus out of Evil Manta's grip. 

"Manta..." Triton's trident began to glow with his incoming anger.

Manta sighed. "Oh, very well..." he got bored and threw Atticus back to Jessica and Darla. "This is a warning, next time, I'm having him for lunch!" He then went back to where he came from.

Triton made sure Atticus was okay, then looked to his daughters. "I believe I told you all not to go anywhere near that or near Ursula's place..." he told them firmly.

"He came to us, Daddy!" Alana cried.

"Yeah, yeah, we didn't mean to come here!" Adrianna and Arista added.

"I-It was my fault, I woke him up from his sleep." Atticus said, confessing and explained of what happened.

"You have to be very careful around the OCEAN, Atticus," Triton nearly scolded, but wasn't very harsh with the boy since he wasn't his father. "Evil Manta could've seriously hurt you, he's determined to take over the ocean and the land world with it, he won't just stop with our world."

"Yes, sir, I understand," Atticus said he then saw his father swimming up to him and where it was the same look Triton had. "*gulps* Hi, Dad..." he said nervously.

"We were worried." Patrick told Atticus as Emily nodded.

"You could've been hurt or worse..." 

"He's very lucky Evil Manta went easy on him." Triton added.

"So, am I in trouble then?" Atticus asked his parents.

Patrick looked firm, but Emily looked soft, they looked to each other, wondering whether they should punish him or not. He really didn't do anything wrong, but he could have been hurt if Manta wasn't so generous in that one moment. 

"I think you ought to go easy on him," Athena suggested. "He's new around here and so are you all..."

Emily bowed her head. "She's right..."

Patrick nodded, then looked back to Atticus. "Just be a lot more careful next time, okay?"

"Yes, sir." Atticus said.

"Good..." Patrick smiled then.

"Come here, Atticus, we have a good room for you, your sisters and parents to sleep in," Athena smiled to her nephew. "I think we should have a grand party and invite everyone to meet Ariel."

Triton smiled down. "You always have the best ideas, love."

'She sure does seem to come up with great ideas.' Atticus thought.