chapter 15

"Aaaaugh!" Atticus and Ariel screamed. They fell back, but when they looked ahead, they saw a lot of happy fish having a good time, singing and dancing. They also saw a merboy there with the happy fish having a great time.

A female fish was dancing with a male shrimp, the clams were popping up and down, and there were other dnacing fish. Turtles beat the drums, fish blew horns, sting rays played their strings on their guitars, and an octopus played the piano. Ariel smiled, she had never heard anything more beautiful as the sea creatures sang along to their merry melody. 

"Flounder!" Ariel and Atticus found the yellow and blue fish.

Flounder looked ahead and felt trapped. "Guys...?"

They both smiled and waved at him.

"Oh, no!" Flounder swam toward Ariel and Atticus, trying to make them not be seen. He quickly did a dance though to make it appear he wasn't hiding anything.

The fish showed their audience the entertainment for the evening and to Atticus and Ariel's surprise, it was Sebastian.

"Sebastian." Atticus and Ariel gasped, ducking down.

Sebastian slid down as the music swelled and he started to sing. He wasn't stopping the music, but he was against the music, wasn't he? 

"Sebastian?" Ariel and Atticus were confused.

Flounder smiled as he put Ariel and Atticus's jaws up after they dropped. "Sebastian."

They were surprised that this was Sebastian as they saw him dancing and hearing him sing. Flounder shook maracas with them. Ariel was delighted, she swam off to see Sebastian up close.  Atticus and Flounder tried to stop her, but it was too late. Sebastian was thrown up on stage and he danced, then gasped as he saw the little mermaid princess and passed out from the shock.

"Hey, Sebastian." Atticus said nervously.

The sea creatures saw Ariel and Atticus and decided to get away. They thought they would tell Triton about this secret. After the octopus got away with his ink blots, the club was all empty. Not even Flounder was there anymore. 

"Oh..." Ariel looked down sadly.

"Dang it." Atticus groaned.

Ariel sighed. "Come on, let's go..." she was about to swim with him, but her tail fin hit the guitar, making the strings sing slightly. She then found herself beating the drums, blowing the horn, and playing on the piano. She found herself singing, sounding a lot like her mother, but she quickly got sad. Atticus knew that she missed her mother. 

Ariel might have been very little when the accident happened, but she knew the SONG in her heart as she sat on the stage and started to sing it. Flounder came out from under the stage and swam up to the cousins. This also made the other sea life come back with Ariel's soothing and lovely singing voice as mermaids were meant to sing. 

"This can't happen!" Sebastian scolded her, but she kept singing as she didn't care. "Your father is the king!"

"Do you promise to jump, jive, wail, groove, rock steady, and lend a helping hand to your fellow music lovers?" a fast-talking blue striped fish asked.

"We do." Ariel and Atticus replied.

Sebastian looked glum, mostly because he was nervous about this. "They're in..."

This was great news for the sea creatures and the cousins. Sebastian had to go to Triton though. He WAITED until the next morning though.

'This is going to be the greatest night ever, I just wish Jessica, Darla, and the girls were here with us.' Atticus thought.