chapter 18

Later that night in Atlantica, Marina was trying to open her eel cage to release her pets and demanded Benjamin give her the key. Manta was in the other room, tending to their egg, so he couldn't come to help Marina make Benjamin give it up.

"Benjamin, give me that key!" Marina exclaimed.

"I said no." Benjamin told her.

"Look, I haven't worked my tail off for the last 12 hours just to have it snatched away." Marina seethed.

"How about a nice bath?" Benjamin bribed. 

"BENJAMIN, GIVE ME THE KEY!" Marina screeched.

"You said never give it to you in a fit of rage!" Benjamin retorted.

Marina kept trying to get it, but it seemed nearly impossible.

"I'M PERFECTLY CALM!" Marina screeched trying to get the key again.

"Doesn't sound it." Benjamin still refused.

"Oh, Benjamin, look at the pretty fishes." Manta came in to distract the manatee.

"Where?" Benjamin looked with a smile.

Manta snatched the key, then gave it to Marina to unlock the eels. 

"Thank you, finally!" Marina said, sounding victorious with the help from Manta and then unlocks the cage of her pet eels.

The eels came out, looking hungry and loyal with Marina as always, but hateful towards Benjamin who often threatened to bite or zap him. 

"Who wants crab cakes?" Marina asked her pets.

"What are you going to do?" Benjamin asked.

"Whatever it takes to get rid of Sebastian." Marina scowled.

"But what about Ariel and Atticus?" Benjamin asked.

Marina and Manta looked angry at those names, but then decided to get rid of them too. Benjamin looked glum, he had given them the idea to get rid of the youngest mermaid princess and the merboy nephew of King Triton.

"That's right, they'll tattle." Marina realized this.

"Oh, well, I guess we'll have to kill them too." Manta suggested.

"What?" Benjamin got anxious.

"That's brilliant, Benjamin, brilliant!" Marina danced. 

Marina and Manta were planning to have Atticus and Ariel suffer from an unfortunate 'accident' with the eels sent out NOW to find Sebastian and the others. Benjamin didn't like it one bit, he thought Marina and Manta had lost their minds.

"You've lost your minds!" Benjamin said out loud.

Marina and Manta almost got Benjamin to be devoured by the eels, btu they were sent off to search for Atticus, Ariel, and Sebastian.

Even though her head was lying against a rock, Ariel was fast asleep in her new climate. She woke up though when she saw something shiny in the distance however. Atticus also noticed it and knew what it was, but didn't show it.

Ariel went to the crab. "Sebastian."

Sebastian didn't want to wake up. "Five more minutes, Mummy..."

"Sebastian, did you hear that?" Ariel asked him.

The crab turned over. "Leave me alone, I'm sleepin'."

Ariel kept asking him, but gave in and wanted to find whatever the object was in the distance of the beach. Atticus went along with her, so then he could be sure that she found what he and Sebastian were hoping that she would find. Sebastian smiled as they went, he actually wanted Ariel to see this for herself.