XXIX

XXIX: Straitjacket

"Show me what you're wearing

"Show me what you're wearing." Mateo says through my phone, we had been on FaceTime as I got ready for the party. His face was solemn as always but I couldn't help but get the feeling that he might miss me already.

"Okay but don't freak out." I was a little nervous on what he would say about my outfit. I propped my phone to show him the lemon-lime colored dress.

I quickly retrieved my phone when he wasn't giving any reaction or saying anything

I quickly retrieved my phone when he wasn't giving any reaction or saying anything. "Is it bad?" I ask lightly biting my new acrylic nail on my thumb.

"I'm gonna fuck you when you come home." My eyes widened and I was sure the tint on my face was obvious, luckily I had in my headphones as Erin did Dinah's makeup.

I could feel myself dampening at his words and the tone of his voice. I was getting flashbacks that weren't doing me any justice.

"I um have to go, I love you." I say as Erin finished up, "I love you too." He says before I clicked off the call. "Aww how cute." Erin says and Dinah makes kiss noises to taunt me.

Chris comes into Dinah's room soon after and he sits at the edge of the bed by me.

After hours of getting ready we finally are preparing to leave. I was still a bit on edge after finding out news that Dinah has also been on edge about yesterday. News that I didn't want anyone to know, news that may be detrimental to me, news that Mateo would hate me for keeping it away from him.

"Alright ladies let's head out, I'm late to my own party." Dinah whines playfully and we hurry out to Chris' car. It was getting a little chilly outside, it was the beginning of September after all. My favorite season was approaching.

Once we got into the car Chris pulled off to the club. Dinah sat up front with her man while me and Erin were in the back seat. I was a little anxious about this party, I was already looking forward to going home.

We arrived in about 15 minutes and had come in through the main entrance. Everyone yelled Happy Birthday when Dinah walked through the entrance. Don't get me wrong I missed my best friend and wanted to be here for her but my head is already spinning.