Flu - Rafe Cameron

Requested by: itsmejaliyah
Summary: Y/N takes care of Rafe when she's sick
Warnings: none

***

Rafe Cameron was one of the most feared guys in Outer Banks . There wasn't much he was afraid of.

Except being sick.

Ever since he was a kid he'd had a fear of being ill. His father said it made him less of a man, and growing up without a mother, no one was there to take care of him.

Y/N was the best girlfriend he could ask for, and day by day she was showing him it was okay to let his guard down and be vulnerable.

What started off as a simple cold turned into full blown winter flu and Y/N insisted that he took time off work to rest and recover.

"I'll be fine sweetheart, I feel great," Rafe lied, his face pale and gaunt as he suppressed the urge to cough.

"Lay back down right this second Rafe Cameron or I will force you down myself," Y/N scolded, putting a hand to his forehead and flinching at the heat.

"I can't let you take a day off to take care of me, I can handle myself."

Y/N ignored his protests and went straight to the kitchen to make him soup, bringing it to his bed and dragging his upper body into a sitting position as he was too weak to move.

He let her spoon feed him as it made her happy and he enjoyed being taken care of.

She ran him a bath in hopes to sweat out the fever and spent a while washing his hair for him, smiling when his eyes closed in pleasure.

She knew Rafe hadn't had the most loving of parents growing up, and wanted to take care of him because he did everything to make her happy and he deserved it.

"Let me make you some tea baby and then we can watch a movie, yeah?"

Rafe nodded as he climbed back into bed, napping for a little while and waking up to his head on his girlfriends chest. He felt so safe and loved that he let himself indulge in being taken care of and refused to let it emasculate him. Tough love had ruined his childhood and he realised now everything he'd missed out on growing up.

Y/N ordered a pizza and switched on the TV, making sure Rafe was dosed up on medicine before they relaxed. She didn't care that she would probably get sick too because it was worth it to see Rafe this happy.