Pain - JJ Maybank

Summary: In which JJ is hurt so he goes to his best friend Y/N's house for comfort, not knowing that she has feelings for him.

Warnings: Fluff, mentions of injuries

———————————————————

Y/N and JJ were best friends - they did everything together. Sure they were friends with the rest of the pogues too, but those two in particular were inseparable. Of course, everyone knew that JJ and her had some kind of unbreakable bond, an unspoken friendship that went deeper than any of the others, but she'd always thought it was just that up until recently.

He'd gone bra shopping with her when they were thirteen and Kie was busy, and she'd pretended to be his girlfriend numerous times when he wanted to get rid of some touron. He basically lived at her house at one point and her mom was always asking after him.

Sure he was attractive, she'd be blind not to think so - but she'd tried not to consider the possibility of anything more happening between them because there was too much at stake for her to lose him.

The other pogues never batted an eyelid when they showed affection to each other or blatantly flirted because they knew it was just platonic. What they didn't know was that Y/N had started to develop feelings for the blonde headed idiot that had spent more nights in her bed than any of the tourons.

At least she thought they didn't know.

***

"You coming, princess?" JJ called, surfboard under his arm as he made his way towards the sea where Pope and John B were already messing about.

"No thanks, I'm gonna stay with Kie. Hope you fall off your board, loser," Y/N teased, stretching out on the golden sand.

When she turned to face Kie, the other girl had a teasing grin on her face.

"What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" Y/N chuckled.

"Have you guys ever done it?" Kie asked, with wide eyes and a smirk.

"What, me and JJ? No! Ew, gross," she said far too quickly, trying to hide the blush that came to her cheeks when she thought about what it would feel like.

"What's gross?" JJ asked, slinging his arm around her shoulders and Kie gave her another dirty grin.

"Sleeping with you."
"Jellyfish."
They said at the same time.

"Sleeping with jellyfish?" JJ asked with a chuckle,
"Whatever, who wants a beer?"

"I thought you were surfing?"

"Rather hang out with my favourite girls," he flirted.
Kiara gave him a shove and tossed a beer to Y/N.

Y/N couldn't shake Kie's words from her head, what if JJ felt the same? No that was stupid - he acted flirty with everyone and they were too close to be anything romantic, she didn't want anything to be weird between them so she pushed her feelings aside.

***

JJ had been knocking at her window for the past five minutes and if she didn't wake up soon he was gonna fall from the fence he was balanced precariously on. He was about to give up and head to the Château when her face appeared at the window; hair sticking up at all angles and a scowl across her pretty features.

"About time, Juliet," he grinned, climbing not so quietly into her bedroom.

"Easy there Romeo, or my mom will hear you."

"She loves me," he scoffed, taking his shoes and shorts off and flopping onto her bed, noticing she was just in a bra and underwear due to the summer heat and trying not to stare.