Bilingual Artists: Make Two or More Songs Using The Same Instrumentals!

Hi there!

Feb 28th 2022

After many months and a whole lot of family stuff I finally got this out there. Whatever anyone thinks of it, good or bad, I'm just glad to get it done. I had promised the friends that love it that I'd get it done. Then COVID hit, the pianist didn't want to come because of  the pandemic and I was busy becoming a grandma....but now it is done and the grandchild is here!

The song went global this past Friday and the music video dropped today.

I didn't do all the customary promotion for this song - just some Instagram stuff and a couple of peek videos made in Canva on Facebook. After all the effort I put into the previous videos, I've learned my lesson that it is better to produce more and promote less.

I am already editing the vocals for the English version of this song and, as I did with the song Jag Lutar Mig Mot Dig Alltid (that became I'm Leaning On You), I will be using the same instrument mix to get the English version of this one done. (Will be released soon)

Here are the two versions of the first song:

These two songs were written during the time I hung out in a small home church in Malmö a few years ago. We are still friends and have contact with many of those who participated in it. It dissolved as people needed to move for various reasons but we are still friends. 

I'm bringing this up in "The Diary" to remind bilingual artists that they can take the same instrumental background and create two (or more) separate versions in two (or more) different languages. It saves time and money and you make more people happy.

So, think about it next time you put many days work into a song - make it work for two or more.

Until next time,

Elisabeth Kitzing