Chapter Forty-Seven (Part One)

I'm sorry guys for taking a long time but I am completely ramped with homework, assignments and Exam and it's really hard for me to put time aside.

The good part of that is that the story will be up here for longer for free since I put publishing it on hold, the bad thing is yeah, longer time to finish it. So here is a short update. Just so you know I didn't give up or stop, I'm just busy.

I knew this day-well moment would be arriving. I nodded taking another step and the next thing I knew was someone behind me, their knee digging into my back making me trip over and face plant the ground.

"Hey! Get off her,"

I felt something cold around my hands that restricted my movements, "What are you doing?" 

"Arresting her,"

I grumbled rolling my eyes, great, can they get off me? Talk about excessive force. My nose hurt. I was lifted up and I craned my neck to one side trying to get the little sprain out, I was going to castrate whoever shoved their knee there.

I looked over to see the guard, memorising his face, as soon as I was out of these cuffs his face was going to need plastic surgery after I was done with him. Wipe that smirk off his face.

"Why?"

"It's fine," I muttered speaking up, I was expecting this. I guess the whole 'hanging' ceremony was going to be soon. I knew hanging would finally catch up to me.

Eden started to follow us when the guard spoke up, "She's going in alone,"

"Like hell she is," Daniel said stepping forward and I looked between the stare off between the guard and Daniel. The guard didn't even flinch, why should he? He equalled both in height and muscules and Daniel was injured, the guard wasn't.

"Look, chill, I'll be fine, whats the worse he can do?" I asked shrugging.

Hang me.

Daniel and Eden reluctantly let me follow the guard out the door and across to the other side of the hospital, and I was well aware of the strange looks I was getting.

"Look can you at least get rid of the handcuffs,"

The guard barely scoffed as he continued, I looked over seeing a mother hush her kids towards her and I rolled my eyes. Chill woman, I wasn't a criminal-oh wait. I was.

Great, all my sins were catching up to me, after I get some good things in my life. I sighed, well at least Alex was still alive. There were some positives, but what the point of having one member of the family if you were going to be hung next?

The doors to the building opened, it was the private hospital part of the place, what was the king doing here? I mean his son is dead, unless he's trying to get him back alive, which wouldn't work.

"Wait here,"I looked up at the nose and looked as he went and approached more guards, looking around my heart sunk seeing more guards, everywhere. Some were injured, others were fit and on high alert.

I met one of their gazes and the look he gave me was chilling, yep, death row here I come.

"Hey, get over here,"

I should just make a run for it. But then again, I sort of deserved this. This wasn't like the rich guy, or politician I killed, hell this was worse than assassinating the prime minister five years ago. This was a prince.

Walking over to the door it felt like the handcuffs were getting heavier with every step, the door opened and he nodded for me to enter. I walked in, the room was slightly darker, and there was a chair in the middle.

I scoffed, could this be any more ironic?

Walking over I looked around till I spotted the king, standing by the window. It was somewhat strange to s?ee him in...civilisation clothes. He turned around pursing his lips when he saw me and I felt slightly ashamed not being able to meet his gaze.

"Sit down,"

Oh well, I had a good life, and great people had to end somewhere. Right, you keep telling yourself you were Mother Sandra your whole life.

Walking over I sat down on the hard chair wriggling, man, can't they even give me a comfy chair in my last hours.

The kind walked over sitting in the chair he had, right opposite mine and his stare was extremely unpleasing and discomforting and I couldn't bring myself to look at him, right into his eyes.

Since when was I so scared? I had these positioned before, and somehow I managed to get out of them. But this time I went too far. But I was doing my job, at least Nik was fine.

"Are you going to say something?" I said after a few more minutes of silence and counting seconds in my head was annoying. And then I realised he was the king I was speaking too, and I should probably mind my tongue a bit more.

"I don't know what to say Isandra,"

Except this wasn't a moment to feel proud that I left people speechless, I'm sure this was the opposite feel embarrassed that he didn't know what to say. It felt like a disappointed father staring at his child, except I wasn't his child.

"I had to save Nik,"

I said shifting in my seat, somehow finding a reason to defend my actions. In the end I did save one prince, he was the rightful heir if he wanted the throne back, which he didn't, so why was Jax so angsty that he was going to steal the throne from him.

"I had to-,"

"He was my son!"

"Nik is the rightful heir!" I said and the king was somewhat surprised that I knew, "I figured it out, and according to the ru-,"

"Don't talk about your stupid rules with me, you killed a prince,"

"Well since the rules are written by those before you, you owe to follow them,"

"I can change the rules,"

Right, of course he could. But not before consulting the eight council leaders, there had to be a right for him to change them. And he had a pretty strong right and reason. Why wouldn't you want justice on someone who killed your son?

"But I also understand my son was in the wrong," There was a small hope before it got shot down, "Nevertheless, you will be faced to the court, like any other murder to decide your faith, and it doesn't look very good."

I winced just thinking of the court, I had been in there plenty of times and used up all my chances, well this just got less favourable. The king stood up, "I can't help you, nor do I want to,"

Thanks. He walked out and I was sitting in silence, was someone going to come get me?

I pursed my lip kicking out my legs, looking at the open window. I could make a run for it, like a coward, or I could stay here and take the consequences.

It was like a tease, when I finally get something back in life, I wasn't going to be here to enjoy it.

I will update as soon as I can guys.