Chapter Sixteen

"I forgot how much I hate it here," I muttered sitting down at breakfast. We were currently staying at the best academy a royal can roam around and trust that nothing would get happen, the academy I grew up at, where all assassins were pretty much trained. 

Alex sat down in front of me his plate piled high with bacon and eggs, "What?" He asked catching my stare. I sighed shaking my head and biting my toast. I had no idea how he could eat so much, that would put me straight to sleep.

I hated it here because well, there, the noise was coming as the whole cafeteria dining area was filled with screaming girls, rowdy boys and other people staring at the new comers, or well really old comers who were back. 

"What's the plan for today?" I asked grabbing my glass of juice. Alex's eyes were behind me on the elders table, which meant he was still in guard mode looking out at the royals as they sat there. I rolled my eyes, we were in a room full of perfection, what could possible go wrong?

"Um, I think they're attending a volunteering event," he said. I nodded earning back in my chair finished. Just watching Alex made me sick. How could he eat so much and still be fit. Like he read my mind he looked up and smiled flashing me with a mouth full of eggs and I wrinkled my nose chucking my napkin at him.

"You're disgusting." I muttered leaning back patting my stomach.

"I'm so suave," I said flicking my hair out of my face and putting on my sun glasses. I heard Alex chuckle from beside me shaking his head.

"Do you know what it even means?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow, "Eh duh no," I snapped, it sounded cool. It was boiling here and the humidity didn't help either. Yesterday it was snowing and now it was boiling, just because we went to the other side of the country, the weather shouldn't be this different.

It didn't help that I was wearing black slacks that stuck to me like yoga pants, thankfully not like jeans, these were smooth and made me move, but I did hate how they had a little flair at the end, what if I tripped over it?

The top was simple and airy, a green mentally scarring shirt with checkered rectangles everywhere that I tied into a knot and buttoned, it was the only top I could find that I kept in my room at the academy. Don't judge, I was an arty kid back then hence my top and by the look Alex was giving me, it was pretty bad. 

"What?" I asked and he looked away waiting for the royals to get out of the car. The moment Jax stepped out I couldn't help but frown. Was I meant to be happy or sad that now I was protecting him instead, and what exactly was his role in my 'new' job replacement, he better not have tattle tailed on me.

But then of course he would have, it was the future queen or some random bodyguard. 

I heard the door slam bringing me back to the present and I caught Alex's hair tie nodding at him. I followed after the King ting up hair in a high pony tail. Ah doesn't that feel nice, no hair touching our neck making it even hotter than it was.

It was like we were in the middle of the desert which was stupid, but all the barren land made me feel more on alert. Why on earth was there a soup kitchen all the way out here. But boy was I wrong when I stepped in to realize the whole place was packed, with people squished onto the seats. 

"Alright you take outside," said Alex. I rolled my eyes turning around heading back out the door, right did he think keeping me outside would keep me out of trouble? It probably did.

"Isandra!," I looked up to see Demetri and smiled as he stood guard with me, he spoke to me in Russian and I answered back. I had missed him, he was in my class while we graduated, he was originally from Romania but decided to settle in Russia.