Chapter Twenty-Seven

Surprised a lot of people missed this, the reason she was like "Eww cheesecake, " was because Carter gave her it on their date, not because she doesn't like it. Exams over, hope I didn't fail

"Shit," I said as he held out a hand, it hurt.

"I know, girls have that reaction when they look at me,"

"What?" I said realizing this guy was hovering over me, too close. I ignored his hand getting up in one swift move, I was nearly his eye level thanks to my ankle boots that had a fair chunk of heel.

His eyes went from my head to my neck to my toes and back, "Interesting, I was expecting someone older, but I'm not complaining," He threw his arm over me bending down to pick up the ball, making me swoop down with him making my head spin.

I flicked his arm off me wiping my shoulder and he feigned sadness clutching his heart.

"Nik," He said holding his hand out, one part of me wanted to say, Yes I know who the hell you are, but I was going to try and be nice and shook it, "Isandra,"

It was something new I was trying to try, but I don't think I could stay too nice for too long.

"I know who you are," He said and I grunted, I should have said my sentence.

"Nik pass us the ball man,"

I looked over his shoulder to see a few more guys waving at him and Nik held up a hand telling them to wait, he turned back to me, "You okay?"

"Yes why?"

"That bruise looks ugly,"

Bruise? Where?!

*

"Does it still hurt?" asked Nik as we sat down in our seats. After meeting the other guys I realised one thing, who ever hurled that ball had one good arm stroke. And no one pointed finger when I was introduced as Nik's cousin.

Asses were loyal it seemed.

I wasn't sure how much of that was believable since we looked nothing alike, but the boys sucked it up asking me where I came from. Thankfully I had memorised the file about my 'make do family' on the way and was able to answer their questions easily.

His hazel eyes were staring and I was hypnotized by them, the colour, so familiar.

He leaned over to touch my head and I slapped his hand away, "I'm fine," I said as more kids started pouring in and the noise level went up, why was it so noisy?

In fact I was not fine, it hurt. Just because I was strong, doesn't mean I didn't feel pain, I did and it was a rare occasion like these so my head felt like it was on fire. I was too afraid to touch it in case I felt a bump, and then someone will die.

I watched as an older man walked in placing his stuff on the table, "Alright let's get on with today's lecture, take out your notes,"

I watched as a power-point was shown on the projection and my mouth dropped, this was amazing.

"I know I hate maths too," said Nik beside me and I realised what I might look like, my mouth open at a projection where numbers and letters were everywhere.

"Are you kidding, it's amazing," I said smiling and leaned back, let the lecture begin.

While people around me dozed off, got on their phones I maintained eye contact with the projection. I don't know why people were finding this boring, even Nik went off doodling around the page whatever he was trying to draw.

I didn't understand a word he said, let's be frank no one really likes maths, and if you did well then you were the exception, but seeing the lecturer write on the projection on his computer and then it being on the screen was quite cool.