02;「 The Consultant and the Tiger 」

"I'm so full~" Atsushi sighed in satisfaction, patting his stomach "I don't want to see another bowl of this for at least ten years

"I'm so full~" Atsushi sighed in satisfaction, patting his stomach "I don't want to see another bowl of this for at least ten years."

"Why you, how dare you be so shameless after eating on someone elses dime?" Kunikida asked, Y/n merely smiled "I don't mind Kunikida-kun."

"I wonder what's so special about today for you to treat some stranger food with your own money" he commented, of course it wasn't really a surprise for Y/n to help someone especially an orphan but she usually does it with the expense being taken care of by the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

"Eh? Kunikida-kun, you and Dazai think so little of me. I'm not stingy to let children starve." She crossed her arms.

"You're a lifesaver." The two turned to Atsushi who had a gloomy look "After leaving the orphanage and coming to Yokohama, I've had nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep. I thought I'd die of starvation." The smile on his face seemed to carry a heavy burden and emotions he couldn't release, not infront of strangers.

"You're from an orphanage?"

"Putting it one way, yes. But they kicked me out."

"That's some non-profit there." Dazai commented offhandedly. "Hey Dazai, we're not like Y/n, nor are we like philanthropists going around helping brats down on their luck, okay?" The poet turned to his partner, reminding him of their job.

"Let's get back to the job at hand." He raised his notebook as his glasses glinted. Meanwhile y/n grabbed her wallet to prepare her payment and checked her phone, Atsushi noted that she had a lot of money yet wondered why did Dazai described her as broke.

Having noticed his stare, y/n turned to him wondering if he had something to say, Atsushi feeling embarrassed of being caught quickly turned forward asking "that reminds me, you said earlier that your current job involved the military. What is your line of work exactly?"

"Oh, we're just private investigators."

"Private investigators?" Atsushi repeated. Kunikida seeing his slightly confused face he explained "That's not to say we only handle lost pets and alleged extramarital affairs. Perhaps you've heard of the armed detective agency, an organization with individuals possessing supernatural powers?"

"What?"

Now that took Atsushi aback, 'I've heard of this Armed Detective Agency in rumors . . . said to be an agency specializing in objectives that cannot be entrusted to the likes of the police or the military. . . A twilight armed force positioned between the world of night and day. I'm told many from the agency possess supernatural powers . . But does that also apply to these two?'

He seemed skeptical, seeing as Kunikida was writing in frustration most likely from his schedule becoming a mess and Dazai who's attention was pointed above them.