04; 「 The Consultant and the Bounty 」

The members of the ADA had left after receiving a call from a client

The members of the ADA had left after receiving a call from a client. Y/n decided to stay at the cafe, her drink had just been refilled as she mulled over something.

She leaned on her chair "what story should I tell her later?"

She remembers and knows a lot of things she could tell as stories.

She had vivid memories of the time of the Adepti to a war that set fire to a whole continent that no longer existed, from the story of the true God of Stove to the tales of the Yakshas.

Memories that went back to the forgotten time of Gods and Monsters.

It was confusing, so to say. Those memories she could vividly recall, made her wonder why she had them in the first place, she wasn't even in those memories.

So why?

The only thing she could understand from those many memories, was that the majority of them involved a certain Man's perspective as if she was watching the world through his eyes.

Zhongli.

And if not Zhongli, it would be someone with Amber eyes like he or even she herself possessed.

Replaying a memory would make her feel emotions, emotions so real that you'd think she was there when it happened, which was near impossible.

It was all the more confusing, she knew the story, the people and the place but she had no real connections with them, yet she still felt something. Whether it be anger, sadness or happiness, she felt it.

It was as if she was both her own person and a fake identity.

Her eyes opened in silence, she quickly drank the contents held by her cup. It was better to stop thinking about it, again, she stood up, leaving her payment on the counter.

Her shoes clicking and clacking, gloved hands trailed the wooden walls as she left, maybe a walk would provide her comfort from the headache she was suffering.

It was a bright and oddly peaceful day, which wouldn't last that long. Exhibit A, gunshots.

Having heard gunshots from a nearby alley, y/n groaned but none the less, went towards the origins of the loud noise, it irritated her as the noise of the firearms were making her headache more unbearable.

'oh dear'

"Oh y/n-chan!" Arms had suddenly wrapped around her from behind causing her to jolt in surprise to slightly turn to find Dazai's face beside her.

His head was on her shoulder and their cheeks were squishing together as he smiled "Didn't expect to see you here" he said happily.

The gun shots had stopped but Dazai didn't let go just yet as if waiting for something. The headphones on his ears made Y/n guess that he was listening in on something and most likely that the people inside the alley were those of the Agency, the people they were fighting were probably normal criminals or the Port Mafia but seeing as Dazai was there it must have been the latter.