08.1; 「 The Consultant and the Headpats 」

Dazai, Kunikida and Atsushi decided to continue on in their investigation, leaving Y/n behind as she seemed to be having a very long discussion with their president.

"Is it really okay for me to be without her?" Atsushi asked curiously.

"Don't worry, the port mafia isn't involved with this so we have little chance of encountering them." Dazai said nonchalantly.

He was proven wrong of course in a matter of hours when they had a run in with Akutagawa. Luckily Kunikida managed to cleverly deal with the young mafioso.

A lot has definitely happened, they also had to deal with a bomb hidden somewhere in Yokohama.

So now they had a meeting with the ADA. Y/n was present, though she oddly looked impatient, nobody made a move to comment on her behavior.

Greetings, I hope your agency is faring well. Forgive my impudence, but I have placed a bomb capable of causing mass destruction in a certain location here in Yokohama City. To secure the citizens' safety, I request that you locate and disarm the bomb at your earliest convenience. You have until sundown.

I have faith in your abilities.

Respectfully, the Azure Messenger.

'Woah that was actually quite respectful' Y/n thought. "Who could the Azure Messenger be?" Fukuzawa said the question that was on most of their minds.

Y/n however was focused on the map. Thinking where the bomb could be placed at.

Just like one of the secretaries said, there were too many possibilities.

"Hey, Are we still unable to reach Ranpo-san?"

"It seems the case in Kyuushuu is coming to an end. I've requested he contact us as soon as the criminal is caught, but.."

"Any further information from that taxi driver?"

Kunikida reported that the man denied any knowledge of the bomb. "He wouldn't have it in him to blow up Yokohama itself."

"Listen all! This case is a cowardly act using information to attack the Armed Detective Agency. We have two objectives: Uncover the Azure Messenger, the instigator and disarm the bomb."

"The bomb takes priority due to its time-sensitive nature. If we cannot find the bomb and lives are lost, we no longer have the right to call ourselves a detective agency. Think of this mission as a fight for the agency's existence and pride."

Afterwards, Kunikida went to the rooftop as if to call for someone.

"Neh, Y/n-san" Y/n turned to Atsushi just as she was heading out of the strategy room. "Yes?" She asked stopping to speak with the boy and whatever he may need.

"Were you busy?" he question, since it was emphasized by the others that he should be near her almost always to ensure his safety.

"Ah I'm afraid so." She said and apologized "I'm sorry I couldn't come with you before with Dazai-san and Kunikida-san. Me and the President had a discussion about something that has recently came up." she had explained.

"Ah- it's okay! I was just curious, I'm not upset or anything." He assured her, he was honestly worried that because of him, she had become restricted to a babysitting job, she probably had better things to do.

"I see, I'm glad." Y/n smiled a bit before adding "I should be free in a few minutes, I just need to check up on something with the president again."

"Alright, I'll be at the office with everyone else then" Atsushi smiled, Y/n chuckled at his spirit as she gave him headpats "alright, I'll go to you when I'm done."

"h-hai!"

'y/n's headpats always feels nice..~' he purred like a cat. "Ah-"

"so embarrassing--"

hello, sorry for the late updates

I haven't been feeling motivated lately, but you guys deserve chapters so I've been trying to think of a way to upload more often, I'll probably upload chapters that are shorter compared to usual

hope everybody's doing well

am already in grade12, so next year is college, I'll be busy with preparations but I promise I'll try.

In any case I have a Genshin Impact fanfic that I just started publishing, I've been thinking of other fanfics based on fandoms I'm still interested in as well.