𝐔 𝐧 𝐰 𝐞 𝐥 𝐜 𝐨 𝐦 𝐞 𝐝

*Flashback to 6 months ago*

I heard a bunch of muffled voices around me and I didn't recognize them. I tried to get up and look around but I was held down by something strong, like a belt. I tried wiggling out of the belt but it just squeezed me tighter.

I begged, pleaded, cried, and shouted for someone to help me. They unhooked the straps off me and tossed me over one of the nurses' shoulder. He walked down past a bunch of doors that all looked the same until we came across an empty room. He threw me in the and I landed hard on the floor.

My shoulder felt dislocated from the fall but it wasn't, I looked around the room to see that there was padding all around the room and floor

The only thing in the room was a bed with a sheet over it. Overall the room was plain. I hated it. He slammed the door behind me and I went up to the door and started pounding on it. It was no use.

 It was no use

*Month 1*

I cried myself to sleep about every day for the first month I was in here. Every day I would pray that they made a mistake and that someone was coming to pick me up, but that day never came; not for a while at least.

I looked at the same four walls everyday. The room smelled rancid. I could barely stand to be in the room really, but this was the only room I was allowed to see for the first few days. I paced around thinking about how I ended up here because my memory was very hazy.

Someone knocked on the big heavy door before proceeding to enter anyways. I turned around to see who was at the door, it was the big nurse from earlier. I folded my arms and asked him why didn't he just let me walk in my room instead of throwing me. He replied with "It's standard protocol." I didn't believe him, then again why should I?

We talked about the schedule around here and when the curfew was. He said he would let me go down to see a few of the famous spots that they had here. We walked in silence past the few spots where some other kids my age were at.

I sheepishly waved at them but they just glared at me and continued to do what they were doing beforehand.

"Ah, don't worry about those guys; Between you and me they're hopeless. Their folks stopped coming to visit them so I think they'll just be released when they turn 18." The nurse said with an apathetic tone. I ignored his sneer remark about those kids.

The tour the nurse gave was lousy, he stopping to try and flirt with the other nurses which creeped them and myself out. The last part of the tour was stopped abruptly when a female nurse said she needed his assistance. He pushed me aside and dashed after the other nurse.

I sighed in disbelief and decided to try and make my way back to my room since I didn't know where I was. I roamed around for maybe 10 minutes and I still haven't found my room. I turned down a hallway where the lights were so dimmed that they looked like they were out.

I walked a bit further and a couple of doors were slightly open which I assumed were broken. The doors creaked slightly when I walked past them, I continued on down to the end of the hallway where there was a door that led me outside. I went outside and to my discovery there was a secret garden with some seclusion.

The sight was magnificent. I was ever so slowly getting more and more drawn in by its beauty. The roses, the sunshine, the people tending to the garden.

Wait-

Wait-

People tending to the garden?

I tiptoed to get a closer look at who was tending to the garden. They had their backs turned to me. I crept a bit closer when one of them stopped trimming the rose bush. They turned around and I froze in my tracks.

I sheepishly waved at them again. Two of them were guys and one was a girl. The girl muttered something to the boy with light brown hair and he rolled his eyes at her.

The other boy with blue dye in his hair cleared his throat. "Uhm can we help you? We're in the middle of doing something."

"I-I.."

"No? Okay then get lost." He said harshly while he continued to prune the roses wrong.

"You're pruning wrong."

"Pardon?" He walked closer towards me with the shears in his hands.

"I said you're pruning the roses wrong. I didn't stutter." I said with confidence.

The two friends of the kid with the dyed hair backed up away from me and him.

We were locked in a strong staring contest with each. He wanted me to back down so he could assert his dominance. But I was just as cocky. I even cocked my head to the side to slightly throw him off.

He eventually gave up and handed me the shears with force. I went over to the rose bush that he was pruning earlier and pruned it the right way. He was shocked but brushed it off by 'playing it cool'.

I shoved the shears back into his chest and pointed at the rose bush that I fixed.

"That's how you prune a bush. Now if you want me to help in-" Suddenly our conversation was interuppted by my nurse.

"I told you to go straight to your room. I see you'll end up just like them. C'mon. You're going back to your room." The nurse said sternly.

He tossed me over his shoulder once again and I waved at the kid with dyed hair.

And for the first time that I seen; He waved back. Well signaled me off with two fingers to his head.

Either way, we made an improvement from earlier.

Author Note: Sorry for the inconsistent updates. I'll try to update more regularly and I really struggled to write this one for the longest but I finished :)

Love y'all <3