Night 22

-Christian's P.O.V-

My eyes open instantly at the sound of light ripping through the sky. I shoot up, making the covers fall off of me. I search the room in a panicked state.

Where's-

"Christian," a voice calls to my right.

I spin around and come eye to eye with Kaydan.

"Are you-" the rest of his sentence is drowned out by the screaming of the sky.

I inwardly jolt then casually wrap my arms around each other. "Can you say that again?" I ask as calmly as possible.

He reaches out to me and rests his hand on my shoulder. "I asked if you were okay."

I nod furiously. "Yeah. J-Just cold."

He pulls the covers over my legs and gets up.

I reach out and grab his wrist.

He turns to look at me. "What?"

I swallow silently. "Where are you going?"

"To get more blankets for you."

"I'm not r-really that-"

"It won't even take long."

The room floods with light then quickly empties, leaving enough space for the thunder to slip in.

I tighten my grip on his wrist. "I'm not cold."

-Kaydan's P.O.V-

The room is completely silent other than the rain relentlessly pounding against the roof, seeming to fall faster and harder every second.

I feel him shaking through his hold on my wrist. I look away from him and chuckle slightly. "You scared?" I joke trying to lighten the mood.

He doesn't respond.

Shit.

I pry his hand off of my wrist, so that he's now holding onto my hand, then get back into the bed with him. "Well..." I begin lowly, "which part of it is scary?"

I sense him shrug before he answers, "L-Lightning. Lightning and Thunder."

"Easy fix!" I exclaim laying on my back.

Seconds pass before he does the same.

I turn to face him not noticing he was already looking at me. "O-Okay. Here!" I place a pillow over his head and stare at the fluffy mount triumphantly. Lightning flashes, and the thunder follows.

He doesn't say anything for awhile. When he finally does it comes out muffled.

"What?"

He lifts the pillow so that I can barely hear him. "I said I don't like it."

"Why not? I know it's not much but-"

"Because I can't see you," he answers without letting me finish.

"Y-Yeah, but it's dark anyway!"

He moves his hand so that our fingers intertwine and quickly whispers, "Sorry."

I slowly nudge my way under the pillow with my face and accidentally bump into his nose with mine. "My bad!"