Night 32

-Christian's P.O.V-

"So," Kaydan finally begins straitening his posture, "You are all in a relationship?"

"Heavens no!" Lucas speaks up. "I'm only dating Kyle! No way I could date Kaleb and Jasper too! No offense guys."

Kaydan gives him a dry look.

"Pretty sure that's what he meant," Kyle smiles weakly at him.

"Oh...then yes. We are all dating," Lucas finishes resting back into Kyle.

"Well," Jasper speaks up, "while it is true that I like Kaleb, I would like to get to know him better before we officially define our relationship."

Kaleb nods in agreeance.

I hear Kaydan sigh and place my hand over his under the table. He doesn't move. I glance around the table and notice everyone is holding their index finger against their nose. Out of habit, I quickly reach up and do the same. The sudden movement of my body causes Kaydan to look up at us.

He scans the table, and his mouth slowly drops open. "This is dumb. I'm not telling them!"

"You have to. Rules are rules." Kaleb states.

"I'll tell her about MY relationship!"

"That's fine-" Kaleb begins.

"-as long as you tell her she's not getting any grandchildren," Kyle completes.

"I will not-"

"I can," I offer, silence Kaydan.

He stares at me, then forces a small smile onto his face. "...Are you sure you want to?"

I nod.

"...I really don't think-"

"Absolutely not," Kyle jumps in, bringing my attention to him.

"No one else wants to," I argue.

"That's not the point. You are still a kid. There's no way our parents are going to take it seriously if you tell them."

I feel blood rush to my ears as I swallow the lump in my throat. "That's not true."

"You aren't even eighteen!" He scoffs. "Why would they-"

Lucas places his hands on Kyle's shoulders and says, "That's enough."

"I'm just saying! We would even have a better chance if Kaleb told them."

"No!" He shouts making everyone stare at him. His eyes suddenly go wide and he clears his throat. "I-I just don't think it will sound right b-because I'm irresponsible."

"I think we are all tired and would benefit from some sleep," Lucas says standing up. "Kaydan, Christian, you are welcome to stay if you want to. Kyle is cranky, so I'm taking him to bed," he finishes gingerly taking Kyle's arm and lifting him from the floor.

"I am not!" Kyle pouts.

"We are going to bed," Lucas drags him to his room and stops at his door frame. "Good night guys. We can talk about this in the morning." He closes the door, and indistinct murmuring could be heard echoing in the room.

"I think I should go too," Jasper starts as he stands up. He peeks down at Kaleb. "Walk me to my car?"

He nods slowly, taking his hand for support.