Night 39

-Christian's P.O.V-

I'm glad I moved the cup back when I first saw him look at it.

I look at Kaydan again and see him slowly grabbing at the cup in front of him. His brain didn't register that it was moved farther away from him. When I finished replacing the water I took out of the fridge, I return to his side, and he puts his hand on the counter.

"Never moved once," he says proudly.

"Alright, let's go," I take his hand and lead him back to the living room. Mrs. Green had collapsed into Mr. Green's chest. I place 2 waters on the table. "I know it would probably be best to talk with Kaydan, but I don't think we can in his current condition. I'm going to put him to bed in my room, and you can put Mrs. Green in Kaydan's," I try to smile at him, but feel a grimace form instead. I quickly look away from him and head towards the door.

"Would you mind coming back after you take care of my son? I have a few questions for you," Mr. Green calls out to me.

I close my eyes and silently inhale. "Okay." I open the door and close it behind me, then quickly enter my own. I walk up the stairs carefully, making sure that Kaydan can follow along. I sit him on my bed and hand him the water.

"I'm tired!" He groans.

"I know, but I would feel a lot better if you had a little bit of water before you go to bed," I plead.

"You aren't going to drink it again?" He takes the lid off.

I shake my head and smirk. "I'll try not to."

He brings it to his lips and swallows it a few times before placing it on my nightstand.

I place my arms over his shoulders and pull him into a hug. "I wish you could help me not screw things up with your father."

He puts his hands on my back and nestles into the crook of my neck. I hold him for a few more seconds before pulling back and looking at him.

He reaches up and pushes his fingers in between my eyebrows. "You looked sad."

I grab his hand. "Just worried."

He uses his free hand and pulls his hand away from me. I look to the side. "...I have a confession to make," he mutters.

"I don't think I can handle any bad news right now," I admit weakly.

"I have to tell you. I'll just feel bad if I don't."

"Kaydan-"

"And it's kinda really, really bad, but can I please tell you?"

I stare at him and hold back all of my emotions. "If it will make you feel better, fine."

"I moved when you told me not to!" He blurts out, squeezing his eyes shut.

I don't take my eyes off of him.

"I'm really sorry! I know you said not to, but there was this really pretty blue cup, and it was calling out to me, and I tried really hard to get it, but I couldn't!"

It felt as if a tremendous weight was lifted off my shoulders. I feel a chuckle escape my mouth and I cover it with my hand.

"I'm being serious!" Kaydan shouts lunging at me.

I wrap him into another hug. "I appreciate you." I pull back and stand up, watching his puzzled gaze follow me. I lay the blankets on top of him and kiss him on the cheek. "You mean so much to me," I whisper before straightening up.