Night 51

-Christian's P.O.V-

I trip over my feet as I run up the driveway and to the door. I pound on it repeatedly until it opens.

Lucas catches my hand before I hit him in the face. "Whoa, go easy on the door! I will make you pay for damages!"

"Where is he?"

"Where he usually is," he says, stepping to the side.

I rush in and stop in the living room.

Kaydan is sitting on the couch under a blanket. He turns to his side and locks eyes with me, then quickly looks up. "Luke!"

"What?" He says walking up behind me.

"You said you were texting a friend!"

He laughs. "Honestly, if you didn't see this coming, I really can't help you." He keeps going and stops at his bedroom door. "You guys need to talk, and I need to finish...a video for your father, so I am going to dip."

"Luke, wait!" Kaydan calls.

"Nope," he replies right before slamming his door.

In the silence, Kaydan and I hear the click of the lock.

Kaydan sighs. "So are you going to sit down or what?"

I look between him and the spot next to him on the couch. "May I?"

He waves his hand dismissively.

I quickly take the seat next to him and wrap him in a hug.

"Hey, I didn't say you could touch me!"

I squeeze him tighter. "I am sorry," I breathe.

"For what?"

"Applying to colleges far away."

He frees himself from the hug. "I knew it! You were trying to leave me!"

I shake my head. "That wasn't my intention! I told you those were top colleges for English!"

"Why not go later then? After you finish the basics?"

I shake my head again. "Because that's not how I want to do it. I gave up once, and I'm afraid I will again unless I commit fully."

He laughs weakly. "Don't you think that's a little selfish of you? We finally establish a relationship and you are getting ready to leave?"

I scoot back, feeling my face get hot with anger. "Selfish of me?"

He nods.

"When it comes to my education, and my newfound appreciation for it, is it not my right to be selfish about it?" I rub the top of my wrist, trying to calm down.

"I'm not saying you shouldn't be, I just thought you would tell me sooner, or at least think of me."

I can't stop myself from exclaiming, "I did! You are the first and only person I have told! I haven't even told my father!"

He bites his lip. "Really?"

"Yeah, really! And I know they are far, but I was going to ask you if you wanted to maybe get back into school and attend with me! That way, even though we have an age gap, we would be on the same ground...at least in education!"