Chapter 2: It's a Party and I'll Scream if I Want To

March 2011

"Did you see her?"

"Why have you been keeping it a secret?"

"Oh, I love babies!"

"Was this one planned?"

"Can I touch your stomach?"

"Mione..."

"Mione?" Harry asked, breaking Hermione out of her daze and meeting the concerned eyes of her friend. She gave him a small smile and took a sip of her water. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Harry," Hermione nodded, taking a deep breath as she fidgeted with her dress. From the moment she had walked into the Great Hall on Draco's arm, all eyes had been drawn to her and the not-so-secret pregnancy she was revealing. She had been bombarded with an onslaught of questions from people she hardly spoke to anymore and to Draco's horror an obscene amount of people that wanted to touch her stomach, the stomach that he was protective of.

"Draco?" Hermione called as she sat at her vanity in her silk dressing gown, brushing her waist-length curls. "Is that you?"

"Hello beautiful," Draco smiled gently, as he walked into the room. Vanishing his cloak to the closet, he walked over to Hermione. Kissing the top of her head, he gently pried the brush from her hand and continued brushing through her curls. "The little dragon asleep?"

"She is," the brown-eyed witch replied with a soft smile. "She and Hercules were cozy in bed and determined to stay up and wait for you but she didn't last long."

"She never does," Draco smirked. Looking at his wife in the mirror, he noticed something different in her demeanor. She always had this look in her eyes when he came home to her but it was different. "Love, is everything alright?"

Standing up, Hermione turned to face him, taking the brush from his hands so she could hold onto him. "Draco... I need to show you something."

"Did I miss another milestone again with Lyra? I swear to Godric fucking Gryffindor I am about to quit working.."

"Draco," Hermione laughed, standing on her tiptoes to kiss his jaw. "Cast the charm."

"Love..."

"I'm pregnant."

"I should have been more prepared for all the questions I suppose," Hermione laughed, gripping onto the champagne flute that she wished was actually champagne.

"Oh, do you mean your previous secret pregnancy didn't prepare you for this?" Harry smirked.

"Potter I swear if you make her cry..." Draco began but Hermione giggled.

"No Harry," she replied. "I was spoiled with Lyra and didn't have to deal with anyone that I didn't want touching me."

"I'm sure Malfoy will hex anyone you ask him to," Ginny chuckled as Draco smirked, his hand rubbing soothing circles on the small of his wife's back.

"Don't encourage him Gin," Harry sighed.

"I would never make a scene at Theo and my mother's event," Draco chuckled. "I would prefer to meet my children."

"Speaking of children," Ginny scoffed. "I can't believe that you two bitches didn't tell me you were pregnant."

"Ginny," Pansy smirked. "Aren't you pregnant as well?"

"And neglect to tell us?" Hermione added.

"Semantics," Ginny smirked. "How ingenious is it, that we all fucked our husbands at the same time."