Chapter 3 (Potatoes)

You were sitting on the couch with Tatum in the living room, watching 'All the Right Moves'. "So what were you and Dewey doing outside?" 

You looked at Tate as she asked you. "Oh I just had some stuff on my mind and Dewey was showing me some tricks to destress." 

Tate just nods her head still looking at the tv. You heard Mrs. Riley come home and walk through the front door.

"Hi girls!" she said. "Hi Mrs. Riley!" "Hey mom." You and Tate say in response. "I'm going to go make dinner." You and Tate nod in response. 

Mrs. Riley walks into the kitchen and starts preparing the food. "Do you need any help?" You ask not wanting to be a burden. "Well sure! I could use some help peeling potatoes." 

You get off the couch and walk into the kitchen looking around the room for the potatoes. "Hey Dewey!" Mrs. Riley shouts to him upstairs. 

You hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "Yeah mom?" He is wearing a white undershirt with his tan khakis still on. 

"Would you help y/n with the potatoes? Oh! And after that would you put the ham in the oven?" "Yea sure mom." Mrs. Riley left the room and went upstairs.

Dewey walked over to the counter where you were standing and offered to take the peeler from you. "Want me to do that and you can cut?" "Oh yeah sure." 

He took the peeler from your hands and finished peeling the potato you had started on. You started to cut up the potatoes that you had peeled beforehand. 

"If you don't mind me asking... what were you thinking about earlier when you were in Tate's room?" He askes. You freeze not knowing if you should be talking about your relationship problems with Dewey of all people. 

"Uh, just you know... stuff. Like just dumb school stuff." He stops peeling to look at you for a second. His face is concerned but you still don't look into his eyes. 

"Well, y/n, if you ever need to talk, come to me. And while I don't condone violence, if someone is messing with you just tell me and I'll take care of them." He gives you his classic Dewey smile. You can't help but smile back. 

"Ok Dew I promise I'll come to you if I need to." He nods then continues peeling the potatoes.

"Oh yeah I guess I should put the ham in the oven now." He says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Sorry this chapter is so short. And it took me forever to post it. :( I will try and update as soon as possible. I have been in a writer's block. Hope you enjoyed. <3