Chapter 9 (Shower)

Its been a minute. Sorry about that haha. Hope you enjoy :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School had just ended and you were on your way out to your car when you looked up to see none other than Billy leaning on your car. "Billy!" 

You ran over to him and hugged him around the neck and kissed him. "Why weren't you in school?" You asked as you let go of his neck. 

"I didn't feel up to it today. Besides, it's not like I missed anything." He replied with an upbeat, carefree tone in his voice. "Oh yeah..." 

He pulled his hand out from behind his back. "I got you this." It was a little gift box like the ones people use for jewelry. "What is it?" You asked confused and excited. 

"Well you have to open it." He handed the box to you and you unwrapped it. Inside was a beautiful gold necklace with a red heart on the end. 

"Billy... It's beautiful! Where'd you get it?" You asked as you handed it to him so he could put it around your neck. 

"That's a secret. I don't want you to know where the good jewelry is, how am I going to surprise you then?" You just shrugged and stared at the beautiful ruby heart. 

He grabbed your hand and spun you around, leading you to the door of your car. "See you tonight?" Billy asked as he held your car door open for you. 

"Wouldn't miss it." 

*SLAM*

You woke up with a jolt. You could feel yourself covered in sweat. 

You saw Dewey outside your room talking to Sheriff Burke. You stood up and walked into the bathroom so you could get a shower. 

You closed the door and opened the curtain. As you undressed you turned the water warm so as to calm you down. You stepped into the shower and started washing your body. 

"Y/N?" You heard Dewey outside of the door. "Yeah Dew?" You replied. "Are you alright?" he asked, making sure you weren't hurt. 

"Yeah Dewey, I'm okay. Thank you for checking in on me." "Of course it's my job after all." You could hear him smiling. Just the thought of his smile calmed you down. 

"I'll be out in a second if you wanna go to the cafeteria." You didn't hear a response. "Dewey?" You said with a slightly louder voice. Still no response. 

Well I guess he had something to do. You opened the curtains to the shower and got out. You realized that you had left your clothes on the bed. Dammit. 

You wrapped yourself as best you could with a hospital towel and walked out of the bathroom making sure to check if someone was in the room. No one was. 

You quickly walked to your bed to grab your clothes and as you turned around you heard the door to your room open. You stopped, frozen. 

Dewey walked in not looking up and walked over to the table in the room and set two cups of coffee down. After he set the cups down he looked up and immediately turned around and started apologizing for not knocking first. 

"Dewey, it's fine! It's not like I'm naked." You said trying to get him to realize he was overreacting. "I- I'll leave so you can get dressed." He said as he headed for the door. 

"No it's fine, can you... stay here actually?" He turned around and looked you right in the eyes absolutely dumbfounded. "Turn around of course! I just would rather you stay here as much as you could, I still don't feel safe." 

"Oh of course. My bad." He turned around and stood in the corner of the room. "I got you coffee by the way." He said as you were slipping the last of your clothing on. "Thanks." 

He just nodded his head. You walked over and picked up one of the coffees. You sipped on it for a second and then realized that he was still in the corner turned around. 

"Dew, I'm dressed now." "Oh okay, can't be too careful." You giggled. "How'd you sleep?" he asked as he took a drink from his cup. You stopped. "Uhh good I guess." 

He noticed your hesitation. "No nightmares?" You just shook your head in response. "Are you lying to me? If you are hurt or stressed you need to tell me." 

You set the coffee down and looked to the floor. "Dewey I'm fine, ok?" He continued to look at you with worried eyes. 

"If you say so." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for such a short chapter. I'm still slightly in writers block. I hope Dewey doesn't seem off in this chapter. :)