Chapter 4 (Nightmare)

A/N: Italics (this writing) is thoughts.

- There is some violence in this chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were sitting in Tate's room after dinner getting ready to go to sleep because you have to go to school tomorrow. 

You and Tate both fall asleep around 11:00 pm. After you drift off to sleep you start to have a nightmare. 

You're at your house with Billy watching a movie. It looks like 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'. 

Suddenly an arm grabs you by your hair and drags you into the kitchen where Billy is now suddenly laying covered in blood. 

You try to scream but no sound comes from your throat. You look up to get a sight of who is grabbing you. Someone in a black robe with a white mask, almost like a ghost. 

*wink* 

You start thrashing and trying to get away but their grip is tight on your hair. They throw you into Billy's bloodied corpse. You scream again and suddenly you're awake and still at the Rileys' house. 

You look around the room and see Tate still sleeping. "Good I didn't wake anyone up." You thought to yourself. You slowly get off the bed and realize that you are covered in sweat. "Damn, I'm really thirsty." 

You start making your way downstairs and into the kitchen. As you grab a glass out of the cupboard you hear a noise behind you. Startled, you turn around quickly only to see Dewey standing there. 

"O-oh hey Dew." You try to smile but are still kind of creeped out. He doesn't respond, but just keeps staring. "Dewey?" You say trying to get his attention. "Maybe he's sleep walking." You let out a snort thinking about it. 

You walk over by him and start to shake him to wake him up. Once that doesn't work you decide to pour water on him, not a lot, just a little. You raise the glass above his head and before you can even tilt it his hand is on your wrist in a painful grip. 

You let out a gasp. You try to make him release his grip but he doesn't budge. "Dewey, come on. Let Go!" He then looks right into your eyes but it doesn't feel like he's even really there. He pins you up against the wall and pulls out a knife. 

"Dewey what are you doing?!?!? I was just playing around. I'M SORRY!" He starts to bring the knife down into your chest but before it hits your skin you wake up. 

The lights are on and Mrs. Riley, Tate, and even Dewey are all in the room. Mrs. Riley is in the doorway with her hands over her mouth in shock. Tate is sitting on the bed next to you with a look that says 'What the hell?!?!' 

Dewey is holding your face with both of his hands saying repeatedly "Y/N, are you ok? What happened?" You shake your head and when you can finally process what's happening you pull Dewey's hands off of your face and look at him. 

"How could you do that? You tried to kill me!" Everyone stops. "What do you mean y/n?" 

You get off the bed grabbing your head. "I-I'm sorry I don't know what is happening. I guess I just had a bad dream. Sorry to wake you." 

"I'm gonna go get you some water." Tatum heads to the kitchen. Mrs. Riley walks over to you and says, "It's okay dear, if you need anything I'll be in my room, ok?" You nod your head. 

She leaves the room, making it only you and Dewey, who is still standing next to the bed thinking deeply while he looks at you. You go to say something but he interrupts you, "Why did you think I was going to even hurt you?" He looks down at the bed hurt and confused. 

"Dewey I have just had a lot of stuff on my mind and a lot of stress so I had a bad dream. There is nothing else to it. Okay?" He walks over to you, "But why??!?! You know I would never hurt you y/n." 

"I don't know why... It has nothing to do with you. I think it's because the anniversary of my mother's death is this weekend." He sighs and looks at you , "I'm sorry that it's causing you so much stress." You just nod. 

"I think I should go to sleep." You say trying to change the subject. He nods and starts to leave the room. "Hey Dew..." He turns back to look at you. "I know you would never hurt me." He smiles and leaves the room. 

You get under the covers on the bed and start to drift off to sleep again. When Tatum gets back with the glass of water she notices that you are asleep and just sets the glass on the nightstand between the beds. "Night y/n."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Did you like the fake out of the dreams? Sorry lmao I was trying to make it kinda like the beginning scene of Scream 4. Anyways hope you enjoyed and leave a comment :) Love ya! <3