Chapter Two

BAZ

He kisses me and puts his dishes away. I know he's going to have a shower. It's the same every Saturday morning. I love our Saturdays. We get to sleep in, and we eat scones. We joke about our awful coffee machine and wear each other's shirts. That's our Saturdays. And I live for it. Sometimes I think Simon still thinks he's too normal for me. If anything I'm too normal. I rarely ever use my magic, now that Simon's wings are gone, I don't really need it. I start washing our breakfast dishes, even though we have a dishwasher. I let my mind drift as I wash them, slipping into my memories of the past two years.

Penny crying happily as Shepard proposed. Agatha and Niamh telling us they are dating. Simon getting his first job. He works at a cute little coffee shop down the street, and always makes me my favourite coffee, the pumpkin mocha breve, even though he says it tastes like a candy bar. I love that man, who has stuck by and fought for me through the last two years, and loved me like no other human being has. He takes care of me, and I take care of him. And that's us. We love each other, even though we're broken. We're both broken, and I love that. Because we match.

Snow comes out of the shower, hair wet and a towel around his waist. I'm getting dressed when he comes into the room. He smiles up at me and starts going through the drawer beside me. I plant a kiss on one of the moles under his ear. I've mapped each one out on his body over the 12 years I've known him. Each year at school, pining for him like a sappy princess. And now I have him, and it's the best thing I ever will have. I want to spend the rest of my life with this beautiful man. Sometimes it's still hard to tell what's okay and what isn't, but I've gotten better about reading him and determining what he wants. Simon smiles at me again, grabbing a pair of jeans and one of my button downs. "That has flowers on it." I point out, wrapping my arms around his waist. "You mentioned that you liked this colour on me." He shrugs, kissing my forehead. "What happened to 'I don't wear flowers,'" I ask, looking into his beautiful eyes, the ones that remind me of stars. "I wanted to try something new." He shrugs again, grinning at me. I swear most of his sentences are shrugs. I love it. "Okay." I whisper, blushing.

After we both are dressed we head out to the grocery store, on a mission to grab things for our anniversary dinner we are having. Four years. I'm so happy to be planning this dinner. I look over at Simon, who is comparing two, seemingly, identical avocados. "Does this avocado look spoiled to you?" He looks up at me with a true face of concern. I chuckle and walk over to him. "The avocado is fine." I say grabbing both from him and placing them in the basket. I kiss him on the cheek before he walks over to the tomatoes. He inspects them heavily, like one of them is innocent and the other is a mass murderer and he's trying to figure out which is which. I walk over to the love of my life, smiling at his crusade for perfection. "Why are you trying to find the perfect vegetables?" I giggle - Simon is the only one who can make me giggle and it's infuriating- looking into his eyes lovingly. "Only the best for you my love." He smiles, kissing me fiercely. This is the man I am going to marry. I will be proposing to him at our four year anniversary dinner. I am going to buy the ring when he is out with Penny. It is decided. "You there Baz?" Simon asks, waving a hand in front of my face. I shake the stupor and nod, smiling. "I love you." I say kissing him on the cheek and grabbing his hand. 

Hello readers! (if there are any. hah :P)

Don't hesitate to tell me what you think, any critisim is good critisim when you're a new writer. But I do love writing, so even if no one sees this, I will  be so happy to be writing  it!

_The sunkissed author