CHAPTER 6 BARGAIN

"The Devil is real and he isn't a little red man with horns and a tail. He can be beautiful because he's a fallen angel and he used to be God's favorite." - AHS

The rain had passed as quickly as it had came, leaving us soaked to the bone but muck-free. It was night now and the moon was full and large illuminating the surrounding area in pale white light. The dripping of rain water off the leaves, the chirp of insects and Wyatt's quiet snoring as he slept were the only noises that reached my attentive ears. I decided to take watch while he dozed, I knew he needed it, and honestly I was surprised he let his guard down enough to slip into unconscious.

I on the other hand I was on high alert, if anyone was going to try something in the middle of the night, I was ready for them, though I was unarmed and still weak and aching from our high speed chase earlier, I could still take a couple of lost boys down with me. Oddly enough my fear from earlier had evaporated leaving my mind blissfully calm and sharply focused, it kind of scared me how unafraid I was. I had my eyes on the forest, watching the breeze play with the trees and puddles forming on the ground from the droplets that were shaken loose from the treetops.

Once I was assured that nobody was watching and I double checked to be sure that Wyatt was still lost in dream land, I decided to try my escape. I flung my hands at the door of the cage, expecting it to be blown to smithereens but nothing happened, not so much as a poof. Uh oh. My powers weren't working. I tried again to blast off the door but I was met again by disappointment. I fought the urge to scream and pound my fists on the cage, try to break my way through piece by piece. Just as I was about to try something else, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

He's here.

I bit my lip as I felt the darkness that seemed to follow him, the sickening feeling I got like the air had become almost too heavy to breathe, alerting me of his presence. I couldn't see him but I knew he was there, watching me. I calmed myself silently, gathering my courage again.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you it's rude to lurk?" I asked lowly, being careful not to stir Wyatt who was now drooling with a happy grin on his face.

Suddenly he was there, right below me, smirking up at me.

"Wide awake I see," he said, ignoring my question, and he cut the rope that was latched onto a tree which kept my cage suspended, I began to descend slowly and he stopped it when I was just eye level with him.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Hmm," he stood about two feet away, looking at me with those green eyes, he wasn't smiling. "Did you enjoy the rain?"

That bastard, he did know.

"No," I said through gritted teeth.

"Well, I did. I never thought I'd see rain again."

My brain froze.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

He moved closer, and I wanted to look away from his gaze so badly but I wasn't going to let him win that easily.

"Silly girl, I forget that you know nothing of Neverland. It never rains here, never snows or clouds over. The only seasons this island has is day and night."

"How is that even possible?" I ask still lost.

"How indeed. Interesting that that should all change the day you arrive." He was now at the bars of my cage, his jaw tight.

"What? You think I had something to do with this?"

"I just find it odd that the same time you show up on MY island is exactly the same moment when everything changed. And I don't like change." He sneered.