CHAPTER 1 NEVERLAND

These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss consume. - William Shakespeare

"You're sending me where!?" I shout,and my voice carries and echoes in the other wise silent air.

"Just calm down, and let me explain." He sighed, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yes! Please, enlighten me."

"I need you to retrieve something for me, something very rare, very powerful."

"But does it really have to be there? Do you even know what's on that island? Pan! Peter Pan and his merry band of psychopaths!"

Hook rolls his eyes, "Yes, yes, I'm well aware of Pan and his lovely bunch of lost boys."

"Then you understand why I'm a little bit hesitant of going onto that godforsaken place. You've heard the stories, everyone knows what they do to trespassers."

Neverland. That's where hook was sending me, on a mission, a quest, whatever you want to call it. Now, Neverland isn't all sunshine and rainbows as it is in the stories that parents tell their children at bedtime. That island is death. If you step onto Neverland's soil then you're as good as dead. Game over over my friend. Hasta la vista.

I mean, you can run and try to hide but when Pan finds you and he WILL find you, then its all downhill from there. I've never actually met the guy, but from what I hear he doesn't take too kindly to strangers, neither do his lost boys who are just as blood thirsty.

"I'm sure your smart mouth will get you out of trouble, and your skill with a sword. You know just as well as I do that you can take care of yourself. I wouldn't be sending you there if I knew you couldn't."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Do you want me to die? Is that it? What did I ever do to you, huh?"

He sighs, "This is nothing personal, love. It's just business. Besides this is what you do. It's quite simple, you get in and grab it and then get out."

"Oh, so it's that easy?"

"If you know what you're doing it should be."

"WELL THEN WHY DON'T YOU DO IT!?"

"Cause that isn't my job, it's yours, besides the crew needs their Captain and I have errands to run."

My mouth drops and I look at him in disbelief.

"So, basically what you're saying is you want me to go to that island, get hunted down like an animal while I'm looking for this object and probably get killed, while you leave me to go grocery shopping?"

He raises an eyebrow and eyes me with amusement.

"There's that smart mouth I was talking about, Pan's going to enjoy that."

I snorted, "Oh, I'm sure, right before he slits my throat."

He chuckles, "Aries, Aries, Aries," He tsked, "Why so morbid? Just think of it as a vacation."

"Where's the brochure for that tourist attraction?" I snided.

"Hmm, they don't really get a lot of tourism." He mused.

"Yeah, probably cause they kill all their guests."

"Well, boys will be boys."

"Oh my God," I grumbled, putting my face in my hands, "I'm going to die."

He slung his arm over my shoulder and led me to the side of the boat, where Neverland loomed in the distance. I eyed it warily, and pictured Pan and the lost boys roaming the trees as they hunt down their newest visitor and my stomach does a flip and think I might hurl.