CHAPTER 10 CONFLICT IN CAMP

I dressed as comfortably as I could. Neverland did have it's perks, I imagined an outfit and POOF it appeared, clean and ready to wear. I threw on black cargo pants and a baggy, black tank top with black leather combat boots that laced up to me knees, I slipped on some leather finger-less gloves and strapped my sword with a belt around my waist, leaving my hair to tumble down my back in long, brown curls. I strolled out into the camp to the sight of some of the boys gathered, watching two others attempt to climb ropes that hung from the branches of the trees, they hooted and shouted, cheering them on.

I stopped for a moment to watch their efforts just in time to see one of them lose their grip and fall, hitting the earth and landing hard on their back. Suddenly a few of the boys dove after him, at first I thought they were going to help the poor guy up but instead my mouth dropped when I saw them begin to beat and club him with sticks as they laughed. The boy was curled up in a ball trying to defend himself from the blows, and through the legs and arms crashing down I caught sight of a head of curly, white-blond hair. Wyatt.

There was no thought, no space in between seconds in which I devised a rescue plan, one moment I was standing stunned and the next I was across the camp and had one of the little assholes who was kicking Wyatt in the ribs by the throat. He struggled and choked as I squeezed his windpipe, fury flooded through me and all I could see was red. I was dimly aware that the others had stopped their beating as I threw the boy against a nearby tree, my arm screamed in pain, but it was lost in the satisfaction as I saw his body crumple to the ground in a motion-less heap. I unsheathed my sword in one quick deadly move and stood over Wyatt who was groaning, holding his sides on the forest floor. I faced the others with my sword drawn, ready to kill whoever tried something.

They were all pissed, with eyes blazing with anger and weapons drawn. Every sword, every arrow, every club pointed at me. It was twelve to one and the air was dead silent except my labored breathing and Wyatt's gasps for oxygen.

"Come on," I challenged, "who wants some?"

No one said a word or made a move to attack, they only watched me wairly.

"I'll take on every one of you mother fu-"

"What's going on?" demanded a voice that ticked me off that I knew exactly who it belonged to.

Pan rounded the corner with Felix right behind him, I didn't lower my sword, but that didn't mean that my knees didn't go weak and my heart didn't start to race when I saw him. God, what was wrong with me? I mean sure, he was extremely attractive, tall and slightly muscled with impossibly green eyes that always seemed to be on me and a smile that promised trouble.

But he was an evil son of a bitch, sick and twisted. He was full of darkness, there was no way that my light could break through all that malice. He was a killer and I knew it. But that didn't make it any easier to ignore just how beautiful he was.

"Looks like our guest decided to stir up some trouble, Pan." said Felix with a wicked smile.

"Shut up." I snapped at him and he stepped back holding up a hand in mock defense.

"I'm going to ask again, and only once, what happened?" growled Pan his jaw was clenched and he looked like he could kill me and Wyatt both.

I know that what he was seeing didn't look good: one of his boys on the ground uncounsis or dead, either way I didn't care, and me with a weapon drawn ready to kill the rest of them, I bet the sight of Wyatt curled up in a ball moaning in pain pleased him a bit, but overall it didn't look good.

"Pan, she just came out of nowhere and attacked David!" accused one of them who I recognized as the lost boy who had mocked and teased me and stole my dagger when I first got to this godforsaken island. I shot him a glare.