•A Past with Xiao•

Your P.O.V

The next day Aether ignored me and every time I call him he just brushed it off. I was talking to Paimon while we went to the Adventurer's Guild to get our commissions. "Traveller seems to be ignoring you, what did you do to make him ignore you?" Paimon still following. "I don't know and I didn't do anything why so suspicious?" I asked her. "Oh nothing I just thought that you did something that make Aether ignore you" Paimon just shrugged. We continued until we made our way to the Guild.

"Ad astra abyssosque. Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild" Katheryne greeted. "Hey Katheryne, what's my commissions today?" Aether asked and only him, fine then I'm going alone. "Oh Traveller just check your commissions" Katheryne dismissed him. "Uh okay" he checked and I waited for mine. "I have a special job for you (Y/N)" Katheryne smiled but turned serious. "What is it then?" I asked, maybe this will get my mind off the ignoring stuff of Aether. "Will you investigate Guyun Stone Forest? There's some sighting of Treasure Horders and some Ruin Guards there" Katheryne informed me, I glanced at Paimon and Aether.

"I'll take it" I agreed for this and there's no turning back. "No. I'm coming with you, it's dangerous there, just let me finish my commissions and-" Aether said sternly. "So now your gonna talk to me just because I agreed for this dangerous quest. Let me remind you that I don't need your help for now and I'm doing it ALONE" I glared at him, I am in a bad mood for sure. He look shocked but walked away.

I arrived at Guyun Stone Forest and roam for a bit to find the area. I found the Treasure Horders and defeated them immediately. There's no treasure here. Strange, Treasure Horders just go when there's treasure at some area I thought. The ground shook a bit and I stood up alerted at the sudden shake, I turn around and saw 4 Ruin Guards, I know I signed up for this but I didn't imagine this Ruin Guards are near the Horders.

It was night already when I finished this and I'm still in Guyun Stone Forest. That took long enough. I thought there will be only Ruin Guards and Treasure Horders but no, a Fatui mage and some hillichurls with a mitachurl joined in I thought while sitting down to catch my breathing.

Aether's P.O.V

I know ignoring her is a bad choice but now I'm worried about the quest Katheryne gave her. Its already nighttime and she's still not here, I started to pace back and forth many thoughts circling my mind. I was about to go there until the door burst open and I saw Xiao carrying her bridal style, he lay her down the bed and stroke some of her hair before he left. I looked at her and she's peacefully sleeping maybe she's exhausted so I left the room.

I went to the balcony and just star gazed. "Why didn't you go with her?" I turned around and saw Xiao. "She... told me not to tag along even though I... suggested that I come with her" I lowered my head feeling guilty for leaving her. "I saw her fast asleep at Guyun Stone Forest looking exhausted until I saw some parts of the Ruin Guards" he looked at me with a bit of anger. "Why are you so attach to her anyways?" I got suspicious to this. "I failed to protect her last time and I don't want fail it this time" I was taken aback so they met before.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "I don't want to remember it but if we can protect her then I'm willing to tell you" he stated and sat down by the roof, he patted the space beside him indicating that I can sit beside him, I went there and sat.

-Flashback-

Xiao's P.O.V

I was eating the Almond Tofu that she cooked before she left to go training. "Xiao" I hear call me so I immediately went to her. "What do you need? Are you in trouble?" I asked and it doesn't seem like there's nothing wrong, I glared at her. "I just like your company what's your problem? Stop glaring at me geez" she pouted. It's adorable to see but I shook my head. "Don't call me when your not in trouble" I sternly said to her. She whined but agreed.

Even though I told her to not call me when she's not in trouble but she kept doing it and making random excuse that's when I had enough. "The next time you call me, I'm not gonna come to you" I intensely glared at her. "Fine then, go. Just do what you were doing last time" she walked away. I was killing hillichurls and I didn't here a single call from her.

"XIAO!" I heard her call me but I won't fall for her calls right now. "Xiao!" Her calls were still ringing until few minutes later I didn't here her call so that's when I went to her. When I opened my eyes, I saw her laying down on her own blood, I ran to her and hugged her. I felt guilt and I've known her training for a while now why didn't I appear when she called me. She's still trying to summon her scythe, I felt something drop and I touched my cheek, I was crying.

Someone came and it looks like they want to take her away. I pointed my spear towards them. "GET AWAY! I WON'T LET YOU TAKE HER!" I shouted at them when someone held my arms letting me go of (Y/N), I struggled getting out of their grip and the other person took her away. This person let me go and I looked at that person, it was Rex Lapis. I lowered my head and I felt his hand on my head.

"Don't worry Xiao, they're gonna heal her" he said. "Am I... gonna see her again?" I asked still feeling guilty and disappointed at myself. "We don't know, time will tell but one day maybe you two will meet again" he reassured and gave me an embrace, I jst hugged back.

-End of Flashback-

I felt my tears fall and I immediately wiped it away. I stood up and about to leave. "Now you know, protect her if I'm not there" that was my last words before I left.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎¤☆¤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I pulled at Zhongli's banner and got Beidou and got c3 Beidou

Good luck to you guys