2. Friend

Hey guys! Did you know Friendship is the key to happiness? Well now you know. Oh and Charles is also above^^^^

Well, that went better than I expected. Frankly, I thought She was gonna use the extension chord. Her hand was enough I guess. Just to let you know, there really is no reason for the beatings, She just doesn't like me. It's 2:30 am, better get enough sleep for school tomorrow. Hopefully, father doesn't forget to put a little something in my bowl. I'm feeling quite faint.
4 hours of sleep doesn't really help when you just slept on the cold kitchen floor in London, in October. Time to get ready for school. As I dressed quietly, to not wake father, knowing he came back late last night. I turned on the kitchen sink and washed my face and mouth with soap. Yes, soap. What better do I know? I used the water to make my hair stay down, because I know it looks a mess. I look down at my bowl to see a half eaten granola bar in it. I smile and take it. As I'm about to leave, I go and say goodbye to father. I can only go in there when She wasn't around. Even father didn't know, I only came to say bye every morning and thank him for the food he offered me. I grabbed my bag and headed for the door. Ahh, Monday. The look of despair pours out of people's faces. I walk past the old barber shop on Church road and ran up Rabbit row. There was Charles S.Walker, my best friend in the whole wide world.
"Ello, Londy! How was your mornin' ?" I looked at him in smiled. Always in a chipper mood. "Mornin', Char. I've been better." I tried to look convincing, but he knew I was weak. He grabbed my arm and ran to the candy shop by the school. "Three Mars Bars, please sir." Charles asked the man. "Well, alright mate, but don't eat it all in one day. Don't want your teeth to rot." Charles paid the man without a worry. He does this for me occasionally, when he sees me a little pale. Well, more pale then usual. "Bloody hell! School starts in 5 minutes!" Charles exclaimed. We ran out shouting thank you to the Candy shop man. Running up the stairs hurt since She pulled my legs last night. I shook off the thoughts and kept running until we reached Ms. Haremburgs class. We made it just in time the school bell rang. Lucky me. She would've been very upset to receive another call from school. As Ms. H starts role, I hear someone whispering my name. I look around and notice Charles holding his hand out with the candy bar. I grab it quickly and ate very slowly. Tasting the chocolate made me want to cry. The taste was mouth-watering and every bite melted in your mouth. "Ms. Carter? "Ms. Carter. Ms. CARTER!" Ms. H exclaimed. "Herm," I say with chocolate stuffed my mouth. "Ms. Carter, you mustn't eat in class. It's against the rules." "Sorrym," I said quietly and the children laughed. "Ugh, let me just start this lesson." Being in the third grade is really hard. It's hard to read because I never really practice at home, I'm always cleaning. Then when I'm done, I'm automatically in trouble for some unknown reason. So yea, reading is not the best subject. But math, woah! Math is so easy. I've always been able to understand it. So simple. Omg Ms. H. has a wedgie. I'm not gonna laugh... I'm not gonna laugh. "HEY EVERYONE! LOOKS LIKE MS.H. WAS ITCHING AGAIN!" Everyone was hysterical. Thank you, one kid. Now I can laugh. For now.