3. Is it Worth Living?

I came from school a little later then usual. No matter, She comes home around 7:30 anyway. Let me go put my uniform on the couch, and put my white t-shirt on. As I was dressing, I hear footsteps. That's strange, no one should be home. "What are you doing?" I hear Her voice question behind me. I turn around quickly and respond, "Getting dressed to go clean Mam?"
"Is that a question or a statement?" Her voice slightly raises.
"A statement, Mum?" I froze, realizing what I just said. Shoot! Two wrongs.
Her face boils red with anger.
"WHO THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR CALLING MUM? DIDNT I SAY TO CALL ME MAM?" She bellowed. I stared at Her with a shocked expression.
"I didn't want you, okay? So, I'm just your guardian until you turn 16. Or heck, even earlier at that. I just need the paperwork to send you to the child facilitation center." I didn't say anything and just looked down because if I had looked at her, my face would of said what I was thinking and I would of gotten beaten. Hard.
"I'm going to go do my chores now," I said softly.
"It better shine too." She said and smacked me in the back. Luckily that was the only thing she hit.
As I was cleaning the floor, I kept thinking about what she said. Wait until I was 16 or younger to ship me away to some child center. I cried silently, wondering again what I did to deserve this life. I wonder if she ever wanted a boy. That's why she hates me. I'm not a boy. Well, whatever. I don't care if you don't love me or even like me, I'm gonna leave one day. I plan on it and not on some paperwork. Not to some foster home. I'll live on my own and get a new family who will love me and care for me like they are genuinely supposed to. I'm sorry dad. This is not enough. I can't keep living here. Getting beat and nearly murdered just because some woman didn't want a kid. I don't see any good in her. Why did a sweet man like my dad marry a beast like her? She probably forced him. She is not the type to be seduced.
"Hey you! I'll be back later. I'm going to store. Don't pull any stunts little shit or else, I'll make you clean your blood!" She commanded as she reeked of cheap perfume.
"Yes Mam." I whimper.
"That's more like it." With that she left. God I hate her. Why doesn't she just move and leave me with dad? I mean, she has enough money. She can buy herself her own home and leaves us in this shitty apartment. Dad can keep working as a mailman and I can work at the candy shop. I'll beg the man to hire me. I'll ask Char to ask him for me.
I need to sleep. Gotta wake up early for school tomorrow.

"WAKE UP!" I hear someone yell, with beer smelling breath. I get up and look at her.
"Yea.WAKE UP!" She yells again. What's with all the yelling? I question to myself.
"Haha." She laughed. With that I knew she was drunk.
"Would like a pill and some water mam?" I asked sheepishly.
"WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU THINK I WOKE YOU UP FOR THEN?" She screeched. I jumped to the cabinet and climbed on the bottom handle. I scraped my toe on the nail as I reached for the medicine. She laughed as I struggled. When I finally achieved it, I turned on the tap and grabbed a glass cup from the rack. I put water in the cup and limped to give it to her. She looked at me with disgust and turned and walked to her bedroom. I closed my eyes and bit my cheek to keep me from screaming. As I reached her room she was laying in bed and I walked up and gave the pill and the water to her. I left the room for a second to get her a blanket, and as I came back she was fast asleep. I wanted so bad to strangle her. Then I thought, my hands are very small and weak, she would feel me and probably do worst to me.
I left the room and laid back on the floor to go back to sleep. I'm hungry. I hope father doesn't forget.

Hey guys. Yea that's chapter 3. More to come! Imma keep writing all weekend. Have fun !