4. Planning My Departure

Sup. How you doing? Good I hope. Thanks for reading btw. Don't know how I'm doing but it's getting there. Enjoy!

I've tried to run away many times before. Don't think I haven't tried. It's hard when your five and police keep coming up to you asking, "Where do you think your going there, little one?" They ended up bringing me back home and she beat me.
(Flashback)
As I run down the street not looking back, panting, worrying about if I stop then she'll find me. I can't go back. I can't go back. I have to keep going. She'll kill me. I don't understand why. Why? Why does she torture me like this? What have I done? Was I a naughty baby? Impossible! I was a brilliant baby. I tried to make her breakfast last year, but I made a messed and she burned me with the frying pan. Gotta keep going. Don't look back. "Well, well, well... Where do you think your going, little one?" I stood there shocked thinking that she sent him to get me. I was so right. He brought me back to her fast as lightning. It's scary being in a police car. He banged on the door. She opened it slowly with a strange look on her face. Was...she...crying? "Oh! My baby! Oh thank you officer for bringing her home for me." She weeped. "No worries madam." The officer chipped. "Only doing my duties." The officer nodded and left. She shut the door and help my grip. Pow! I felt the hard wind swift across my face. "Did you really think you could run away?" She whispered harshly. "You almost made me have to go down to the office. Luckily, that officer was roaming around and spotted you." Why did she care? She doesn't want me. Why does she care? I looked down on the ground and wondered what she would do to me. "Ugh I can't stand you. Go get the whip." She ordered. I walked to the room and she followed.

Now I'm eleven, and I'm a little smarter. I will possibly sneak onto the plane in someone's luggage or hop on a bus or something. I will try anything to get out of here. Realizing its almost time to go, I start to gather my things.
"Ugh, London?" I hear someone question. I turn to look at them.
"Yes? What is it?" I look puzzled.
"Why is your face purple?" I froze. I've never been asked this question. I mean, I have by Charles, but he is the only one who knows the truth. I don't know what to say if some one else asks me.
"Um well um.... Umm?" I ponder.
" I did it." I hear Charles pop out.
"We were playing wrestling and I went a little too hard." He looked at me. I looked at the kid, who looked disgusted at Char.
"How could you hit a girl man? That's wrong" he said. I was surprised by the both of them. I was surprised at the kid for not laughing at me, and thinking it's wrong to hit girls. I was also surprised at Char. Who came to my rescue. I owe him big time.
As the school bell rang we all ran out of there.
"Thanks Char. For doing that." I blush.
"Ah, you don't have to thank me love, you know your like my sister." He says with a grin. I turn serious all of a sudden.
"Char. As you know, she is a monster. That needs to be locked away in a cell." I explain.
"Right." He says, as serious as he can. I try to contain my laughter.
"I'm planning to escape." I say proudly.
"Again?" He questioned.
"Yea, Char. If I don't leave now... I'll die." I say silently.
"London Carter! How many times have I told you to come live with me?" He asked for the 100th time.
"Charles Walker! How many times have I explained to you, that if that happened she will kill me and probably sue your parents for kidnapping me?"
"Well London, your my best pal. I would do any thing for you. I love you." I smiled at his goofiness as he skipped across the street.
Just then, a car came speeding by, swerving. Hitting Charles and crashing into a pole. My whole world stopped. I just stood there, and witnessed my best friend die. I could tell there was no way he would survive. His whole body was crushed by the car. I couldn't believe it. Char is gone.

Boom!!!! Didn't see that one coming did ya? What is London ever to do now? Will she ever escape her mother? Find out soon. Till next time.