CHAPTER 1~

A train moved towards the town of Punjinn

A train moved towards the town of Punjinn. It has been years since Chherapunji has undergone vast changes, along with it's name, it's infrastructure and everything. Settlements have increased in the town, along with job opportunities and education system. But certain mystery surrounded the town, about which nobody knew.

"Punjinn is a lovely town located among the greenery of nature. But mostly, it rains out there almost everyday, everytime,"a girl read an article loudly, while the train entered a deep forest.

"Avira, stop reading the articles. We will be seeing the town after few minutes. Every scenario will be clear after that,"a guy of her age said from the upper berth.

"What do you think Cedric? Is there any kind of mystery within the forest that surrounds the town?"Avira asked while Cedric got down from the berth and sat in front of her.

"There might be mysteries. Nevertheless, we need to be careful and alert. It's a new town for us and we are not habituated to this kind of lifestyle too. And all these fantasies around the town might have something real to it, so don't leave my side ever,"he said.

Avira knew how much protective Cedric could get regarding her. They were twins but he always acted like her elder brother since childhood itself. Be it at school, or the club, or the movie hall, he was there beside her all the time.

"You know Bro, sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality,"Avira stated.

"But what if you wake up one fine day and discover that fantasy was the actual reality all these time?"Cedric asked with a smirk.

"That's impossible!"Avira stated while rolling her eyes.

"You never know,"Cedric said before peeping outside through the window.

"Don't do that idiot! You will end up hitting your head in a lamp post or a tree, or something that sort of,"Avira said while pulling him back inside by his neck.

Another girl sat on the other side and looked outside through her window. The train was moving towards the town and the forest seemed to inch nearer to it as much as it moved forward. She boarded the train from few stations back, as she was moving to Punjinn for her studies. Suddenly she felt like someone was running beside the train, and somewhat faster in fact. She tried to see the creature properly and felt like it was a human, but it disappeared into the forest just like it had appeared out of nowhere.

"Strange!"she exclaimed while her book fell down from her lap and she bent to pick it up, but ended up falling down as the train stopped with a sudden halt.

"Oh shit! Are you okay?"Avira said approaching her quickly, followed by Cedric and she got up while saying,"yeah am fine, thank you. Why did the train stopped all of a sudden?"

"Well it shouldn't have....not at this place at least,"Cedric said while moving towards the door, while Avira passed the book to the girl and said while extending her hand,"Avira Evans Sehgal!"