CHAPTER 10~

"So you will take me there?"Avira asked Rishabh who showed her an old strange looking temple at the middle of the forest, while the duo stood on the peak of a hill

"Yes! Come on,"Rishabh said while picking her up on his back and raced down the hill, running through the dense forest.

On reaching the temple she got down of his back and climbed upwards through the old stairs, followed by him.

"But there's no deity here,"Avira said and Rishabh chuckled before replying,"there is! This temple looks like a monument, but there's a way to go inside."

They came and stood at the roof from where the entire forest was visible and he added,"in order to worship the moon god we keep our offerings on that huge stone bed that you can see and that too on full moon nights. Other than that we worship the deity inside the temple on a daily basis."

"What deity?"Avira asked and Rishabh knelt down before the stone bed and made a symbol upon it and to her surprise the bed moved away, and a spiral staircase was visible which led to the interiors of the temple.

"Let's go!"Rishabh said while holding her hand and they walked down the stairs when he pulled a handle and the stone bed moved back to it's place covering the roof again. The walked further down when Avira saw the idol of a deity at the centre of the temple room.

"Khonshu, the Egyptian Moon Good,"Rishabh said while kneeling down and she too knelt down beside him

"Egyptian God?"she asked and he replied,"yes, our pack are the descendants of the Egyptian race. You'll find Zains in Egypt too if you search,"he chuckled and added,"by the way, our first names are made up. We just took whatever names we liked."

Avira giggled and looked around while standing up and said,"it feels like I am living a dream."

Rishabh stood up behind her and shoved away her hair aside and rubbed a spot on her neck with one of his fingers while saying,"you know what, our pack has a tradition. The Alpha marks his Luna in front of the Moon God, that is, either on a full moon night or...."Avira looked at him and he added,"or infront of the idol of Khonshu."