CHAPTER 8~

Avira woke up from a deep slumber and looked around to find herself in her room

Avira woke up from a deep slumber and looked around to find herself in her room. She had passed out while returning home and Cedric had put her to her room saying to Celia and Advay that she was tired hence she slept. She turned around and laid resting upon her chest and kept her chin on her arms while the memories of the evening haunted her, while cold wind blew into the room through one of the window which was kept open due to her claustrophobic problem.

A thought crossed her mind and a chill ran down her spine. She quickly got up and ran up to the window in order to shut it as though Cedric was there in the room in front, yet she wouldn't be able to bear the sight of those beasts if they happened to pay her a visit again.

As soon as she came near the window, her heart skipped a beat as a pair of golden eyes stared at her from the darkness outside. She went to shout when a hand closed her mouth and she was pushed backwards into the room. She made muffled sounds when Rishabh pinned her to the bed and said softly,"you have to listen to me once, Avy. You have to."

She stared at him and he sighed while removing his hand from her mouth and added,"I mean no harm to you,"he caressed her cheek and added further,"I can never harm you. Because....harming you would harm me at the same time with the same intensity. I haven't marked you yet, but still...still I feel this...this kind of connection with you...I cannot explain that in words. I know you're scared after today's incident but trust me I wanted to disclose everything to you slowly with time. I had no idea something like this would happen. Trust me please."

Avira's breathing eased down and she asked in a low tone,"who...who were those...those"

"Those wolf-men? They're called rogues. They don't worship the moon god, neither does they follow any pack rules. They misuses their powers and causes havoc. Your brother had killed them and we have disposed the corpses before anyone at the college could discover them."

"Why did they...why they attack me?"

"Because..."Rishabh said and looked at her lovingly while adding,"you're my mate. My one and only mate. You're someone for whom I have been waiting for ages. You have been wearing the pendant I had gifted you on the very first day of your arrival at Punjinn. It was me. You have seen me while coming to the city. You still have my snap in your camera. You have given me a nickname. You have been comfortable with me."

"That means....that means,"Avira said and Rishabh crawled backwards before his face and body changed into a wolfish form, the form which he had taken when the rogues had attacked her. This look scared Avira a lot but he said in his beastly voice,"don't be scared of Zyron, he's my wolf half."

"This look is scary!"Avira said while cuddling up in a corner of the bed and he said in a hoarse tone,"I know how to ease you up my lady." Undergoing a final change he finally brought a smile on her face as she exclaimed,"Rolo!"

*****************************************

Kiyara was sitting on the small window bed which and staring towards the dark forest. It had started drizzling again and the sound of rain water on the leaves soothed her ears. She was worried after listening everything from Cedric. She hadn't seen the wolf-men but by seeing Avira's condition she could easily understand how much terrifying those creatures might have been. Another thought which irked her again and again was the changing of Shubman's eye colour within few seconds.