Lights on (short chapter)

Davey grabbed Francis by the arm, he called out his name to be sure it was him and he gave the comforting response... it was comforting, it was a shock to even Davey himself to be so easily calmed down in such a situation, but it was just a relief to him to know he hadn't grabbed onto somebody unknown, or worse George.

"George," He spoke aloud, draining his thoughts again. 

Francis suddenly became nervous at the mention of his name, he too had forgotten about him, but then the sudden memories came flooding back to him and he began to loosen himself from Davey's grip, "Where is he? Where is he?"

"No, shh, he's not here," Davey whispered. "I need you to tell me exactly what he did."

Before Francis could even begin to think of a response the lights dazzled him. They had been switched on again, it should have been a relieving moment, it should have made them all smile maybe even give each other a hug, as all of them were convinced that they would not survive whatever it was that was lurking in the dark, but they didn't smile, they didn't break their fixed serious looks, as Alex was nowhere to be seen. Davey glanced at Hannah, who was consoling Amelia, she looked up at  him and gave him a weak thumbs up.

"She okay?" Davey asked weakly, no response was given, nobody heard him, it was probably just as well, she clearly wasn't. She had started weeping again.

"We need to find some sort of explanation for this."