A new world - prologue

Prologue:

The fulgent scintillation of dawn presented itself as much as it could from behind the boarded up windows, it didn't seem to make any difference, the auroral bulbs scattered around the room had already awoken the new residents, they had already raised into a new world.

George Silvertone, a well known, high maintenance, lawyer woke up to find himself on a bench, and not a bench he was used to, no, this was not a courtroom. It was a shopping center, a shopping center that he had not come to recognise at all, all the same he had obviously taken up residence there and found a bench to sleep on. George let out a loud groan before proceeding to work out why he was in this particular place at this particular time and if he was honest he hadn't quite registered fully where exactly he was he figured maybe it was his imagination, or perhaps more probable he could be slightly absent minded. He carefully lifted his head up, glancing round at the multiple shops around him. The place was abandoned; it appeared as though it had been that way for many years, which gave the atmosphere an eerie feel, every window was boarded up with a thick piece of wood, and George was almost certain the doors would be locked. The realisation had suddenly made itself present to George and he jolted up, turning his head abruptly, scanning the room, looking for any other form of life, his breathing had become rapid. George still wore his suit, he could deduct from that, that maybe he was working the day before, but what did that matter? He couldn't remember a thing from the day before. He sat a while, head in his hands, allowing the confusion to set and tunnel itself into his conscious so that his brain could spit out a few explanations.

"Hey you!" A voice called out, it was an unrecognisable voice but George instantly depended on it, snapping his head round in different directions, trying to find where it had come from,  there was nothing more he wanted than to communicate with somebody else, try and make some sense of the whole situation. George was in immense discomfort, he hated to be out of control, especially when there was a feeling of uncertainty.

"Dude! We need your help."

We. That was the only word George seemed to understand the only word his mind recognised, it soothed him slightly, there was more than one. A group of people he could talk to,some people he could gain some sort of assurance from, he stood up, looking for the person to which the voice belonged to, as he staggered to his feet he realized just how dazzling the lights were, he began to agonise over the sudden thumping pain he felt in his head, the new world in which he now lived seemed to fade slightly, as the bulbs toned down. He fell to his knees.

"No! Not you too," the voice seemed further away this time, but he could now recognise it as a deep voice, it most certainly belonged to a man. Footsteps echoed, that and the sound of this strangers voice danced round George's head, as his eardrums seemed to scream out in pain. "Get up man, fight it."

"F...fight what?" George asked, though he wasn't sure exactly who he was asking, everything had gone dark for him, almost as if his eyes had turned out the lights. Part of him felt as if he had created the voice out dismay, maybe his mind had tried to comfort him. Maybe he was going insane. Part of him still yearned for this all to be a dream... but then it was too late, he blacked out.