the child is gone

Month: I
Date: Hate
Year: Everything

    The Silicians went quiet after everything that went down with Michelle Foster. A few weeks went by with no sign of any of them. Duke tried to bring it up with everybody, but no one takes him seriously. Daisy became boring. Steal cars, make unreasonable deals with dumbasses, be involved with drug trafficking, etc.

***

    "Vida?", Mom asked with concern. She's always been like that. I just looked at her. "You've hardly touched your food. Eat babe.", she commanded. My mother & I look nothing alike. Ever since I was younger, I'd always think of me being switched at the hospital. It wouldn't really make sense then, because I look like Dad's mom. I got up & threw my plate on the counter, "I'll be in my room studying". I ran upstairs.

    I could tell that Mom was disappointed in my social skills. When she was in high school, she was very outgoing & always spent time with people. "Fuck I hope she's not on drugs", she said under her breathe.

***

    "Don't forget about the french singer tonight, Jack. She's single", Billy told him. Dad just glanced at him. Just then, she came in. She was wearing a see through top & tights with booty shorts over them. "It's fucking December", Dad said to himself. Duke was handling behind the bar, checking out her rear end. She got on the mini stage, introducing herself & some unnecessary flirting to the men.

    She started singing "La Vie En Rose". Not the Louis Armstrong version, the one in french. I had to dance a solo to that song two years ago; I really liked it. It felt more powerful & moving, especially since ballet is so professional. The woman was giving a lot of looks towards Dad. He knew right then he was gonna fuck her later that night.

***

    It's 10pm on a Friday night & I'm once again smoking a joint & listening to my CD player. All of the sudden, there's a lot of noise coming from outside my window. It seemed normal because that's New York for you. It wasn't until I heard the door bang open, hearing my Mom screaming.

***

    Towards the end of the performance, a man in all black came into the bar. He had a tan colored envelope with blood coming through. The man sped to my Dad, threw it on the table, & ran out. Cal then ran out, seeing if he had to do with Dave. Dad grabbed the package, opening it in fear. Inside was a pair of bloody underwear with a note attached to it, reading "Next time, I'll fucking kill her".

***

I wake up on the ground with no pants on. My underwear is gone. And blood is flowing down my leg. Tears start to form in my eyes with a confused state of mind. Growing up, I always felt I was useless & weak; now I knew it was true. My mom runs into my room, limping. She comes towards me & falls to the floor, crying her eyes out. As I tried to move my arm to hold her hand, I felt an instant pain. I look down; there's a small blue bruise around my wrist area.

She helped lay me up & pulled me into her arms. It felt like Mom was a mama bear & I was her cub. I could only imagine what was going on in her mind at that moment. All I thought about was Daisy. And how I could've stood up to them, telling them that what they're doing is wrong & fucked up. I guess I should be considered lucky since I was high the whole time.