Rapture

The next morning was a bright, partly cloudy day. Alberto woke up and stretched, he was still tired and felt very dazed. He looked to his left and saw Maria was still sound asleep, as he smiled. Giulia barged in their room and started playing her trumpet noise startling them awake. "Giulia, could you please stop doing that!?" Alberto said annoyed, "C'mon! We got something we want to show you guys!" Giulia said as she raced downstairs. "What's going on?" Maria asked confused, "I don't know, but whatever it is it better be good." Alberto and Maria went downstairs to the kitchen and saw that Giulia was looking through some sort of book. She looked up at Alberto and waved him to come over. "What kind of cake do you guys want?" She said holding up the book. It was a wedding cake book. There were so many different ones with different styles. Some were small and had frosted flowers on them, and the others were big and large with frosted ribbons and a bride and groom on the top of the cake. "Wow, they're so pretty!" Maria said in awe, "Giulia, what is this about?" Alberto facepalmed, "You guys' wedding, of course! We already got the decorations and found a spot to hold the ceremony at!" "What!?" Alberto shouted, "Ceremony?" Maria asked, "Yeah! That's what a wedding is! It's to celebrate you guys' love for each other and the promises you make to each other!" "I never had anything like that before..." Said Maria, "Wait, you never had a wedding?" Alberto asked, "No. In the water, we choose our mates to provide us with children. We don't always stay with our mates." Said Maria as she looked away. Alberto looked down back at the cake book and turned through pages until he could find a cake of his interest. "This one." He said pointing at a white cake with frosted flowers and ribbons on it. "Ok! I'll go send this to the bakery!" Giulia said excitedly as she ran out the door. "Wait! Giulia!" Alberto shouted as he started running out the door following her, but then stopped and looked around him. There were people carrying stuff over to the beach, party stuff. Must've been the wedding decorations. "Oh, there you are! I just got in touch with the tailor in town, he has a suit ready for you." Said Massimo as he walked towards Alberto. Maria stepped outside and saw the current goings on. She saw that people were setting up chairs and supplies down by the beach. "Is that where we're having our wedding?" She asked, "I thought it would be nice since you both are from the ocean." Said Massimo. Maria looked longingly at the ocean and its calming waves, "It's perfect." She said smiling. Alberto also looked back at the ocean. Its been so long since he swam in its depths. The feeling of need to return to his oceanic home. "Where's the tailor at?" Alberto asked, "Come. He's just downtown." Massimo said as they started heading to the truck, Alberto stopped and returned to Maria; holding her hands. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go into town to look for a suit. See if you can ask Helen for any wedding dresses."

"Are you alright, Alberto?" Maria asked,

"Yeah? Why do you ask?" Said Alberto,

"You seem... Nervous."

"I am. But... This is a once-in-a-lifetime thing for us. And since Giulia got us into this, we best make the most of it, right? I mean, who knows when Ercole or his mercenaries will show up, right?" Alberto smiled,

"Alberto..." Maria said,

"Alberto! Let's go!" Massimo called. Alberto kissed Maria's hand then ran back over to Massimo and got in the truck as they started driving away into town. Maria gave a smile, she could feel Alberto's emotions. He was happy but nervous at the same time. She couldn't help but feel that way too. Maria started walking over to Helen's house to see if she could find a special wedding dress. Massimo parked the truck on the side of the curb and turned off the engine. They got out the truck and went inside the tailor's store. Alberto looked around, there were so many suits. Tuxedoes, Notch Lapel, Modern fit suits and more. "Hello there! I assume your the groom?" Said the tailor. He was a tall, slim, young man. He wore black glasses, a black suit and tie with black shoes and some gloves. "Y-Yeah...?" Said Alberto, "It's a pleasure to meet you, and congratulations!" The tailor said shaking his hand, "Um, thanks?" Alberto said uncomfortably, "We would like to buy a suit. One like the sea." said Massimo, "Oh, I have just the one!" Said the tailor as he rushed deeper in the back of his store only to return a few moments later with a suit that fitted Alberto. "This is my ocean see blue suit! It's a Lapel Slim fit Tuxedo just for you!" Said the tailor. It was an aqua colored tuxedo with the same colored bow on it.