Chapter 2-Breadstix

I drove 'home' but I didn't feel at home. I think of it as my dad's house. My childhood home, which is now someone else's home, is my true home. Actually, scratch that, Glee Club is my true home. I know it sounds cheesy but it is.

I picked out an outfit. I wanted to look really nice for Finn. So I wore a black long sleeve shirt and a gray pencil skirt with black flats. My hair was wavy and down with my bangs.

Once it was 5:15 I got in my car and drove to Breadstix for our 5:30 reservation. My dad's house is very close to Breadsticks.

Once I was there I saw Finn signing in. "Were you waiting long?" I asked him, feeling bad.

"No, I literally got here 2 minutes ago and signed in." He answered. Good, I wouldn't want him waiting long. We sat at a booth.

"I'm really glad the glee club is back up and running. It changed all our lives. I mean look at how close we all got. Cheerleaders and football players are all friends with underdogs, wheelchair user, and all these different people come together. We're like a family." I told him.

"Exactly and I want other kids to feel how we felt. Have a nice and welcoming glee family like ours." Finn said.

"Yeah. So do you have a setlist?" I asked.

"Not yet, wanna help me pick the songs?" He asked.

Uh duh. "What about...Break Free by Ariana Grande and There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back by Shawn Mendes. And if you need a 3rd one uh Closer by Chainsmokers. Just some suggestions." I suggested.

"Actually perfect. We're so good!" Finn said and we high-fived.

"So are you in Lima for a special reason?" He asked.

"Nah, just visiting. I made it big on Broadway and starred in movies and I just felt the need to come back. I also wanted to see the Glee Club back up and running. I'm glad Mr. Shue is the new principal." I told him.

"Same, better than Sue. But she's coming back to torture us before sectionals. She made all the new directions leave McKinley 2 years ago after the glee club shut down. Kitty was the only one she kept because she was a Cheerio. She's a senior but the rest are new. I think they'd love seeing you." Finn said. Ugh, how did the town let Sue kick kids out of school because they were in the glee club?

"Yeah, I wanna see the new club. Sectionals is Wednesday, right?" I said. He nodded. We are 23 so we can drink, legally.

"Hello, I'm Sandy and I'll be your waitress this evening. Do you two know what you are going to order, or do you need more time?" The waitress asked.

"I know, what about you, Finn?" I turned to Finn.

"Yeah, I'll have a grilled cheese sandwich, what about you?" Finn said.

"I'm a vegan so can I have the chicken salad without the chicken?" I told the waiter. I like the salad part.

Sandy nodded, "I can do that. Your breadsticks will be right out. In the meantime, do you two want any drinks?"

"I'll have some champagne please." I ordered. I usually never get alcohol but I'll try.

"Same." Finn said.

"Alright, I just need to see your ids." Sandy said. Both Finn and I showed our ids.

"Haha, remember when you were praying on grilled cheese. Grilled cheesus." I said. That was so funny.

"Oh yeah. I've tried again but the lord hasn't come back to me yet." Finn replied. We laughed.

"I missed Breadstix. Remember the parties like the Sugar Shack and stuff?" I remember Valentine's day where Finn and I announced our engagement senior year, Sugar hosted a party at Breadsticks.